The Road to D-1 Basketball Walk-on Glory

Tuesday 4-29

1/2 Parisi Warm up -I’m getting sick of this thing. Time to come up with the AHM Warm up

Tempo 10x100 m 3 min. rest 6x150 m 32 sec. rest between each

Shot for a little over an hour

PNF for quads, hip flexors, hamstrings, glutes

GO SUNS!!!

4-30 Wednesday

Parisi Warm up

Lateral one leg quick hops 2x20

10" depth jumps onto 33" boxes 6x3

6-8" box squats 4x6x155 (These were ridiculous)

Split Squat Lunges 2x10

GHR 3x8

Worked on moves and some shots 45 minutes

5-1 Thursday

Parisi

Elliptical 20 min.

Hip Mobility

PNF

Friday 5-2

Upper stuff just di*king around a lot of chins though

Jump rope intervals

Treadmill (Gasp) 20 min ay HR of 120-130

Taking a few days off here, starting yesterday and staying with it until Sunday. The Monday after I’ll be starting an accumulation block. I’ll post what I plan on it looking like tomorrow so if anyone has any feedback, I would greatly appreciate it.

Saturday 5-3

Parisi

Played 4 on 4 for a couple hours

Pushups 4x30

BW Step ups for reps w/ low squat jumps for reps-4 sets

Sunday 5-4

Played 3 on 3 for 40 minutes outside. That was fun.

Hip Mobility

Monday 5-5

Bench 4x8x145 w/90 sec. rest

Wide grip pullups 1x5, 3x30 sec. isos at 3 diff. positions

Triceps with slow eccentrics

Cable Rows 2x12 w/ Face Pulls 2x12

EZ Curls 2x10x60

Ran 2 miles at easy pace, maybe 15 min. total.

Shot and worked on moves for 90 minutes.

PNF quads

Started the first day of my accumulation today. It felt good to lower the weight a little and I know this is going to be a good phase.

5-6 Tuesday

Parisi

Played 3 on 3 full court for 2 and a half hours. I am now going to be playing in this game Mondays and Wednesdays most weeks. It’s me, a former 10 year NBA player and four other guys who currently play overseas. It’s a good, competitive game so that was great.

Then tonight:

Quickness work

10 one legged rim jumps

Squats 68%x1x8, 72%x3x8

Bulgarians w/ 40’s 1x8 each leg

Leg Curls 2x8

Abs

5-7 Wednesday

1/2 Parisi

Elliptical 15 min at HR of 120

PNF-Quads, Hams, Psoas

Do you like the Parisi warmup?

Damn. You have the ability to hang w/ guys playing European pro ball? I’m surprised you didn’t get a scholarship somewhere.

That’s what you get for being a white 6-1 point guard. It sucks but it is what it is. I’m not trying to be cocky, but I don’t just play with those guys, I dominate a lot. I mean, I did get a scholarship, just to a D-2 school and ended up really not liking it there. If politics aren’t really involved, I’ll make it at Michigan State (a pretty unrealistic notion since there are ALWAYS politics).

5-8 Thursday

Parisi

Sprints 7x10 yd., 2x15 yd., 3x20 yd.

Bench 145x10,8,8,6

T-Bar Row 3x10

OH Neutral Press 2x15

Shrugs 205x3x10

EZ curl drop set

Lots of side planks

I like it a lot. My hips felt great after a week of doing it and still do. Sometimes it becomes monotonous, so I just alter it a little (or a lot :slight_smile:

Friday 5-9

Parisi

Tempo (on basketball court, dribbling with layups and pullup jumpers) -3x6x100 yards- (changing direction every 25 yards so this was harder than a 100 yard straightshot)

Shot for 75 mins. plus 2-ball handling

PNF (quads, psoas, glutes, hamstrings)

Saturday 5-10

Parisi

Practiced hard and played a couple games of 4 on 4 for about 2 and a half hours

Quickness/lower inten. hops

10 Quality 2-feet run up jumps

Squats 68%x8, 72%x2x8, 75%x8

RDL’s 205x8, 215x2x8

Abs/Grip

So can you dunk and if so how well and what is your standing/running vert?

I moved up to school a few days ago and haven’t had internet til now so let’s see if I remember everything.

5-12 Monday

Parisi

Tempo Maybe 600-700 m total because I found out I would be playing with State’s squad the next day.

Played 5 on 5 for an hour.

5-13 Tuesday

Parisi and got my shooting and handles warmed up before class in the morning. About 45 minutes.

Did a bunch of drills with the team. They played a bunch of 5 on 5 games and I didn’t get in until the last one. But I played really well. From what I could tell by watching the games, the scholarship guys who don’t get much clock and the walk-ons aren’t anything special and kind of just fit in when playing. But I was definitely making things happen on the court i.e. penetrating, kicking it out, pulling up etc. This was def good for my confidence. Also, I was probably the 2nd or 3rd fastest player there (on the court). Definitely not the first seeing as how their PG was called “the fastest player in the country” by Dickie V.

After this, I went to the Im building and played 5 on 5 for another couple hours.

5-14 Wednesday

Lifted this morning.

Bench worked up to 155x3x8

Chins 3x5 with very slow eccentrics

Cable Rows 1x20

Preacher Curls 3x8 slow ecc.

Face Pulls 2x15

Elliptical 15 min. Hr of 120-130

PNF’ing

I have dunked before, but that was on a huge dose of a big crowd and hot girls :slight_smile:

I can’t dunk a basketball right now normally.

I’m 6-0 with a 7-9 reach. My standing vert is abysmal like 21" inches or something. My running vert is probably in the 28" range.

My 10 yd. sprint is a sub 1.6 though and my max squat is right around 270 at a BW of 170. I’m also very, very quick.

You can see based on my numbers I have decent reactiveness and RFD but it’s my max strength that’s holding me back from beasting it up. I have put on about 30 lbs. on my squat in a month and a half or so and I am entering an intensification right now so tat jump up significantly more in the next couple weeks. Cross your fingers.

Good stuff, I would say I am more of the opposite way around, decent strength but reactivity/RFD is not there, as evident by the low difference in my standing/running vert, and how I can take 3 steps and jump just as high as if i was running (1 footed jump or 2 footed)

Thursday 5-15 (Moving into an abbreviated intensification for the next couple weeks)

Parisi

Drilled hard for a couple hours

8" depth jumps onto 36-40" box 12-18 total

Squats 205x6, 215x3x6

Bulgarians with a 20 lb. kettlebell on each end of barbell 2x4 on each leg while stopping for 3 seconds at 3 different spots on the way down

Heavy Pullthroughs 3x15

Leg Curls 2x10