the nightmare diet

keep your flax well refrigerated, and when you take it, put it in a shot glass or similar container, and down it like it’s corn liquor. Fast and easy.

As I promised a few months ago, I would update this thread and give my progress report on my “spring cutter”. Starting at 183 and 8-9% BF on feb 17, with a goal to get to 170ish and somewhere around 5%.

This morning I hopped on the scale and got the BF tested and was really happy with what I saw. April 23 I am at 168.7 and the 2 measurements were 4.8% and 5.1% BF.

As I mentioned in previous update posts, I was surprised at how fast the weight came off initially, but after a few weeks it leveled off at about a pound a week. This is all with zero cardio, other than the occasional spin on the exercise bike to warm up before weight sessions.

One thing that had me concerned was an initial drop off in weight room strength, although I was running very well, my bench, deads and squat totals were falling off. My strength to weight ratio was very good, chins and push ups are easier than ever, but the static weights were dropping. After a few weeks of this, the strength came back and this week, at a body weight under 170, I set new PRs (for triples) in the power snatch and dead lift. My bench still pretty much sucks, but all other numbers are back to where they were (or better) at 183.

Im pretty stoked about the start of football season may 10th and will keep you all posted on how things develop.

Wow, excellent progress nightmare!

And it’s nice to see that you accomplished this with no strength loss. Your strength:weight ratios should be up and that should reflect well on the field.

Good luck with the season.

xlr8

Originally posted by nightmare4d
One thing that had me concerned was an initial drop off in weight room strength, although I was running very well, my bench, deads and squat totals were falling off. My strength to weight ratio was very good, chins and push ups are easier than ever, but the static weights were dropping. After a few weeks of this, the strength came back and this week, at a body weight under 170, I set new PRs (for triples) in the power snatch and dead lift. My bench still pretty much sucks, but all other numbers are back to where they were (or better) at 183.

Whoa, that’s really impressive.

Respect Nightmare …
Great progress & well done

thanks for the support guys! i can honestly say, at 34, i am in the best shape and condition of my life. the only thing that gets me, is why didnt i clue into this stuff when i was 18? or younger?

its gonna be blue skys and tail winds from here on in!!!

Keep it up man …

( … eh - the training I mean …)

:clap:

Originally posted by Neospeed
I’ve been told it all goes down hill after 35. Don’t believe it though.

If that is true, he may have to change his name to sweetdream4d:D

I’ve been told it all goes down hill after 35. Don’t believe it though.

Nice story

thanks form posting

Originally posted by nightmare4d
the only thing that gets me, is why didnt i clue into this stuff when i was 18?

I guess it’s the same as saving money! Imagine if we saved 10% of our paycheck for the last 15-20years!

nightmare…

update please!

are you now 1% and 154lbs :wink:

a few questions if I may:

do you cycle on caffeine?

do you cycle on your diet, ie do you do it for a few months then eat without worrying about the scales for a month or two?

cheers
Brad

Regarding oats - whats the best way to cook them ? -

porridge is not an option 4 me - as I don’t drink milk and the texture makes me want to er not eat it -

I remember some recipes being banded around about cooking the oats but haven’t been able to find the thread in search - so recipes / helpful culinary tips 2 make them oats tasty would b most appreciated :smiley:

Cheers

Pete

I make a big pot of McCanns oats on the weekend and then just heat them up in the toaster oven in the morning.

Thanks Pete - I spose I could add banana to make em more interesting -

any other recipes anyone ?

http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/recipes/brief_history_of_oats.htm

Cheers Ally

Germans not eating oats? Bullshit! first they did…and if they didn’t at first knowing the Roman culture they would have adopted it. Still steel cut oats are the way to go!

Dang couldn’t post the link I wanted to

where can i get “the zone”? I read that Maurice greene also used it.

I need sth that gets my BF% down without affecting my sprint performances.