The Milan Experience

A few forumites were recently asking how my trip to Milan went, and I realize that I really should have posted a thread about it!

To start with, a few motives led me to Pakewi and Jamirok:
a) Having the worst sports year of my life injury-wise and on the verge of utter disappointment.
b) Jamirok suggesting through the forum that I go. I could already tell Jamirok is very good, from all his posts I have read and personal suggestions.
c) Nikoluski also giving me very positive feedback about the benefits of a potential visit. [As weird as this might sound being a member of this forum I really had no idea who Pakewi was (I only started reading the forum more in depth a year ago, when Pakewi had stopped posting frequently). So when Nikoluski was telling me to perhaps think of questions to ask during my visit there, I really didn’t know what to prepare in my head. I went on more spontaneously, with minimum “research” beforehand, and still learned a ton. I even might have returned a different person).

I didn’t even know what exactly the ARP is, and what it does.

Not sure exactly where to start, but I’ll just say that the nearly 3 weeks I spent there were vastly interesting to the point of experience-addiction and sadness moods after my return :o I already have major adjustment issues in my life (which revolves around back-and-forth travelling between the United States and Greece, with stays of extended periods of time), imagine how “settling” my visit there was to feel so sad upon my return! :slight_smile:

My very first experience was with Jamirok, and he seems to be a neurological expert and very friendly Italian! As also mentioned in the “gastrocnemius tear” thread, he worked on my CNS balance with CST > a very relaxing treatment that Jamirok very much enjoys performing :wink: It nearly puts you to sleep (I heard Charlie was well sleeping during his experience with it :slight_smile: )
Jamirok clearly loves what he’s doing, and he’s also a very fanatic Napolitanian :stuck_out_tongue:

Before having my first ARP session, I had the priviledge of watching a number of patients go before me. This allowed me to get a nice preview of the unthought-of pain I would be experiencing during all the days there :o . It’s amazing to witness all the emotional involvement that takes place during treatment, and what the outstanding results are in the end. I loved watching how people responded to pain differently, and the methods suggested by Jamirok and Pakewi to get their minds away from it and be able to tolerate more. It all brought a whole different perspective to medicine and pain management, and gradually made me wonder how psychological indeed injuries are, and how much we can do on our own to heal our traumas faster, or even completely negate the possibility of them ever coming. (Some very interesting discussions over the days took place with Pakewi, which all relate to a fraction of his fields of interest and studies. One can fill pages just by talking with Pakewi for 10 minutes).
But I think I’m ranting again…

The most interesting case was a martial artist with several injuries in his legs, who chose ARP instead of surgery, with tremendous results. I saw many more being treated, some shouting from pain, others banging whatever was nearest, some crying, others being more reserved. Half didn’t take to heart the sign in italian that read something like “no shouting from ARP patients allowed”:rolleyes: . One day, I thought the martial artist was gonna bring a wall down.
During my first ARP session, I stated to Pakewi that I wasn’t going back for a second. The feeling was unimaginable. But I came to love my ARP time.

All patients left with peace in their faces. It’s this great power it has, to bring you to whole different levels of comfort and give you a feeling of tranquility in the end. Not to mention the huge significance of day to day pain reduction of whatever injury…
There’s a lot to the ARP, and I still only know so little.

It just works. It strengthens, it tones, it heals pain, it improves endurance and fitness. I’m only saying these because I noticed them all from day 1 of my stay there.

Best of all, I befriended Pakewi, one of the most interesting (and uncanny :slight_smile: ) individuals I have come across.
I could go on and on, but I’ll leave it to thanking him for ALL the help, treatment, insight, knowledge, discussions, suggestions, talks and encouragement he’s offered and continues to offer :slight_smile:

And by the way… Italy is beautiful. :cool:

Great post. Thanks

Great write-up. Thanks Stefanie.

i just read this and have no clue to what ARP is? is this the next ART or better?

sounds like a painfest.

Advanced Recovery Performance. You can do a search in the forum and also go here:
http://arpwave.com/a/

Tell me if I’m wrong here: ARP is very expensive.

What is the average cost if you are treating a bum hamstring possibly including the entire posterior line? I ask because I have a guy that’s a very difficult case. I would have looked into it more thoroughly myself but his passion for athletics probably doesn’t warrant the investment at this time.

http://arpwave.com/clinic9.htm

Also, can you let us know how you are feeling and training now as a result?

ARP works also on your brain-muscle connection, on your physical perceptions, it’s weird… I cannot word it well because months have passed since my treatment.

Pakewi told me that most of the times people have major DOMS after the treatment, but I didn’t, despite getting a two-days concentrated therapy.

I will always remember how ilarious it was not to be able to move at the first electrical charge :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Right, ARP is expensive. The chart you’re refering to mortac seems pretty close; I don’t believe the price varies with the type of injury, but with the number of sessions you need to have, depending on the type of injury. I’d just contact an ARP clinic near your place to find out details of the case you’re interested in.

Well, once coming back, I was put into an isometric strengthening program with some sprinting, to gradually get back on track.

The kind of inflammations that used to bug me all the time and every year (constant glute pull that wouldn’t let me stretch, bad shin splints, chondromalacia and calf pullings) are completely gone.

The only thing that never completely vanished was a right knee “bug”. When I first went to Milan, it was pretty bad, and by the end, the pain nearly vanished. I wish I were able to have stayed a bit more, because it never completely went away, so once back home, the pain started increasing slowly again (and I kept trying to ignore it :rolleyes: ), until last week I heard a crack, which the mri shows as a kneecap fracture…

I’m continuing training with isos now and no running, and concentrating on getting completely well SOON.

Yes, and it’s amazing how well you sleep at nights because of it. It speeds up the way your brain works, which also explains the increased number of dreams during sleep (and most in color, rather than black-and-white, also explaining enhanced brain-perception). I think I averaged 10 rem cycles each night… I miss that.

I was sore as hell all the time :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: I was in complete shock the first time, time after time it became quite funny to me too…

hi to jamirok and pakewi.

the first (and only time by now) i’ve tried the ARP, i was suppose to squat with a pad on the adductor and one on the gluteus.
at the end of the treatment was very very hard to get down in the low position, my leg was so stiff!

never felt a pain like this before, but jamirok told me that i can handle pain very well :wink:

I was sore as hell all the time

Strange huh? I had zero DOMS… no pain anywhere…

me too, i had doms for about 2-3 days

i dont think they have this yet in canada, no am i wrong?

According to that brochure that’s in the link I sent, there’s a center in Toronto.

I’ve had the ARP treatment a few time for regenerative purposes…I was very impressed with how loose and stretched I felt after the application of ARP on the muscle groups.

ah shit the luck i have.

I’ve seen this 3D only now…sorry.
Stefanie is a really good athlete, loves work hard and has a very great feeling with ARP, a sort of mental attitude, without fear!
This is the right approach with a device that “clean” your body system from any interference (as the interference field concept of neuraltherapy).
DOMS is only a secondary effect, related to biological body entropy.
The goal is work up to max current on the ARP, without any discomfort.
Generally for better results you have to use the device on daily basis, an ARP life! :smiley:

Some people get zero DOMS but most get huge amounts. It varies from muscle group to muscle group as well. I think some of it is neurogical because some people get DOMS just from doing loosening. If you arn’t able to contract the muscle normally due to inhibition then this may be why this phenomena occurs.

hopefully charlie could get this in british columbia.