The greatest coach is....

To suggest white athletes don’t train as hard is ludicrous. Go and read the autobiography of Kurt Angle and what he did when he was an amature wrestler (before he got into “show” wrestling.) You will throw up, there is not a sprinter in history with the same leval of work ethic.
All the fastest swimmers are white. Do they say to the black swimmers; “you don’t train as hard as us!” No, becuase they are not rude and obnoxious.
Don’t please make me cringe with all this whites don’t care about sprinting as much as other sports rubbish, just like with swimming. When I was a lifeguard the swimming pools were routinely filled with more blacks and asians than whites.
But ALL the best swimmers in the world are white despite the fact blacks and asians enjoy swimmin just as much. Do we turn our nose down at the best black swimmer and say “you should train harder you know!” No, we don’t.

In fact, the best black swimmer probably trains harder (per length of the pool) than best white swimmer for the denser/leaner body of the black man is harder to stay afloat.

The situation is turned around in dryland athletics- particularly sprinting, but us white people keep getting told we have “inferiority complex” and lack of work ethics.
I want you to check out the following people;
Kurt Angle: (work ethics- His former training program warm up hill sprints 200m reps whilst carrying 250 pound teamate on his shoulders was his god darn WARM -UP.)
Michael Flatley (motor learning skills- aka “Lord of the dance” 34 foot taps in 1 second - how about that.)
Elvis Presley. (Superiority complex.)

But not one white man has gone sub-10 and 35 or something black people have.

i am actually white myself.

we r not talking about anything bt track because everything i have said is only relivent 2 t&f. i will ask 1 question and ur answer will probably prove that whites have an inferiority complex with regards 2 sprinting.

y r whites slower in the 100m sprints?

That doesn’t mean we don’t train as hard! Your question is ridiculous! Just becuase we know the world record holders and gold medalists are black doesn’t mean we don’t train as hard - get real!

i was actually asking U a question. pls give ur reason why we r slower.

colbert you ramble on in such a vague way, i can see why many get frustrated with your posts! I think that a long way into the future (500 years) the humans will be just one race, no blavcks or whites so it will be interesting as far as athletic performance goes. However the arguement of a white guy with asafas traits “easily” arising is weak. Why has this athlete not arised in the last 26 years? Wheres he at?

So you don’t think he has tried to produce a sub 10 100m sprinter?

Why does he bother to train 100m sprinters if he is not striving to produce a sub 10 man or sub 11 woman?

Patrick Johnson was 1/2 white and he broke the 10 second barrier.

dyestat time

stfu and gfto n00b.

and the other half wasn’t black!!

kicking a ball around.

the 100 is a totaly different ball game. if he only concentrated on the 100 i think he would do it.remember that no white man other than warriner has broken 43s.

right coach + hard working, motivated athlete= ANYTHING is possible, even white 100m WR :smiley:

U SOUND REALLY INTELLEGENT :eek:

the irony…

so was frankie fredericks bt they go either way so u can’t count them.

I reread my post didn’t seem hard to understand to me maybe I should write at a 3rd grade reading level for your benefit. first I wasn’t making an argument I was making an assertion they are different. the funny thing is that you think that 26 years is a long period of time. 26 years is a blink in time in which any number of anomalies can occur which favor people of African decent in the sprints. all of these arguments are flawed even mine simply because we don’t have all the information. for example I don’t remember anyone asking what the percentage of whites entering into the sprints is in comparison to blacks. that right there could explain a great deal of white absence in the sport. the fact that anyone on this board would say that whites cannot run as fast as blacks due to genetic factors is a glaring insight into their ignorance about genetics. genetics 101 diversity within a population will always be greater than that of diversity out of one.

In absolute and proportionally I think its still more whites than blacks.

qfi

i think davan is the only one who gets it.

Of course you can, besides if we are talking about even African Americans or Carribean sprinters then there is no such thing as a pure “black” sprinter. They are PROBABLY more likely to have white blood, American or Carribean Indian ancestory, chinese…you name it, its there.

In a BBC program (UK) broadcast last year, it was said that 2/5 of African American males have a paternal ancestory that is caucasian. This debate is to be honest pointless, its not going to get ANYONE running fast because nobody is offering anything new except double meanings and veiled amateur eugenics psuedo genetics, and a touch of prejudice.

Where?
Not in the English premiership or rugby…

come on dude where are you from? coloured need i say more.