The GOAT

Would your opinion on the “GOAT” subject slightly differ after the two runs we have witnessed this and last week?

I am not trying to place a subtle instillment into anyone’s mind rather I’d like to hear what we all think on this subject.

Any changes on the TOP 10 list?

He has to do it for more than one season to be considered the GOAT. GOAT is part times, part titles, and part longevity.

Any thoughts or comments on perhaps Lighting Bolt moving up to the 400 in the future and possibly becoming the first man to hold WR’s @ 100-400m??? Just a thought!:rolleyes:

Its a possiblity but I dont think we can bet on him doing it for sure or not doing it, meaning there’s a chance he might not do it at all, and there’s a chance he will do it and break the record, we will see in years to come.

A world sprint double next year + 3 olympic golds this year (hopefully after the relay, and possibly 3 world records) and more fast times to come, he will easily become the GOAT. But not JUST yet. BTW I think usain has to try reallyy hard to NOT break 10 seconds, its become a cake walk for him, while in the past you had to use your once a year peak to do it.

True, but things happen. People get injuries, even non-training related. Hell, look at Popov in swimming. You never know what’s going to happen.

Mo Greene is still currently the GOAT. Nobody can change that YET. Usain is the man but he has to get some more years of consistency under his belt and he got it.

Mo Greene is currently the GOOT. (Greatest Of Old Times.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

HAHAHA oh damn :slight_smile:

While we’re on the subject of real GOATS, how about IOC President, Jacques Rogge?
He qualifies as goat of the games for complaining that Usain is too much of a showboat and didn’t shake hands with all his competitors after (Timesonline).
Wow! What a tool. But, after all, what can you expect from a guy wearing a monocle in 2008???

I guess a 21 yr old should just be humble and not celebrate a remarkable feat in track and field history done on the worlds biggest stage. I was happy to see him win. TOOL! is appropriate for Rogge.

Imagine what Dick Pound must think, knowing he lost out to an obvious overpriveledged simpleton like that. Pound brought in all the TV loot while this guy does… well, you can see what he does.

I thought the monocle went out with Colonel Klink. Does this guy have nothing better to do than blast a over zealous kid. Last time I looked, there aren’t too many humble sprinters . Ben, Carl, Mo, Ato, Usain, Donovan, etc. They were all cocky guys. Powell is less emotional as was Gatlin. Rogge’s opinion should fall under who gives a shit what he says.

I thought the monocle went out with Colonel Klink. Does this guy have nothing better to do than blast a over zealous kid. Last time I looked, there aren’t too many humble sprinters . Ben, Carl, Mo, Ato, Usain, Donovan, etc. They were all cocky guys. Powell is less emotional as was Gatlin. Rogge’s opinion should fall under who gives a shit what he says.

OK I had a actual laugh at this :smiley: