The best way to improve speed

10.6 from a standing start???

Assuming that Kratochvílová ran 11.10 in competition in 1982, that she used a standing start, if you count also the altitude and probably the wind factor, 10.68 is less impressive.

Francis, Francis, Francis anyone…

“I heard from my sister’s friend’s brother who new this guy…”

Originally posted by Principles

[quote]Originally posted by Charlie Francis
When being towed, the athlete is being pulled into the ground farther ahead of his CM, which leads to a lower hip position, increasing ground contact time and increasing the likelyhood of injury in the lower hamstring area.

Charlie, I assume that you are talking about to be towed with too high intensity,
otherwise:
> How can an athlete travell ahead of his own CM ??

I believe that the intensity of towing plays the major role in keeping proper running mechanics. Depending on how the athlete’s beiing towed, proper running posture and mechanics can lead to increased running speed or ofcourse to injury.

I believe that the intensity of towing plays the major role in keeping proper running mechanics. Depending on how the athlete’s beiing towed, proper running posture and mechanics can lead to increased running speed or ofcourse to injury. [/quote]

Yes, I do agree that the intensity of towning or downhill sprinting plays a huge role. I think towing is more dangerous as you are less in control. With that said, the downforce of sprinting on a 6% grade (being extreme) would probably destroy an athlete as well.

Side note: When I think of being towed the movie with Chevy Chase and the family was travelling across Arizona/Nevada and when they stopped for a bite to eat they tied the dog to their car bumper but when they finished they forgot about the dog and started driving again!!!