technique issues that lead to injury

What are specific technique faults that lead to injuries?

Say for instance a sprinter doesnt properly step over or their trailing leg doesnt recover properly?

Just curious if there is any repeatable correlation between mechanical/technical problems in form and certain types of injury. (ie: high hamstring pull, lower hamstring pull, hip flexor, quad etc etc.)

cheers,
Chris

chris the most common technical error involves blocking or landing too far in front leading to load on the h/strings.instead of the foot landing near close to the COG(beneath the hips) alot of athletes tend to land too far ahead named “flicking” causing a pulling action on the h/s.very common error and if not addressed can cause major trouble.

One such injury that I have had was from clawing of the track. I believe that using such a technique on top of intensive weight work especially lying leg curls is a sure fast recipe for disaster. Trust me…I know! Now I just touch and go and I’m moving a hell of a lot faster and (thank god) getting over my injury behind the knee/lower hamstring.

thats “flicking”.landing in front of yourself leading to loss of acceleration caused by the braking action thus leading to immense pressure on the h/s

Thanks guys, that is interesting info :slight_smile:

I need to take video of myself again to see how things look.
cheers,
Chris

hope you are going to post it here chris!

The “flicking” can lead to serious problems. In Feb. I found out that I did this and never knew it. Over the years, I have had many hamstring pulls and now the hamstring muscle is fine but the incertion gives me a lot of problems. This led to a torn hamstring tendon in Feb. and i’m still rehabing it and still can’t sprint.