Stretching before speed work

Sorry to question your world class expertise, I will waste no more of your time my lord.

I agree :cool:

That’s a bit harsh isn’t it? Just because you break 11.00 doesn’t mean you now know everything about sprint training…

I did not say static stretching was useless. Quite the opposite. I said that stretching before workouts does not decrease your power. To me the best type of stretching before workouts is PNF stretching, which should include joint rotations ect. And stretches should be held 7-15 or up to 30 seconds depending on the area. I don’t agree with everything Charlie does. I have never disagreed with his warmups. Maybe a little too agressive if anything, thats it.

Bow down to you master track_man.

THE GUY.

BTW hawiian guy. How long are static stretches held for. I do light stretches but not for 20 seconds lol. You disagree with Charlies static stretching. LOL. Nice logic. Give me some more tidbits of wisdom, I can’t wait.

When did I say I disagree with Charlies methods, that was you. I mentioned that the only time you would get a decrease in power output is if the static stretches are held for a longer period of time. I hold them for around 10 secs just enough for a tight muscle to relax. PNF are also a great way to loosen up before a workout. But again ill perform them after some static stretches.

My original post probably should have not been directed at you. I never said I disagree with Charlie’s program.

I apologize, I had to take a family member to the hospital today, I am a little fired up. Sorry about that.

If you ever go in for heart surgery, make sure your surgeon has undergone heart surgery upon himself. Wouldnt want you to get second rate service. Of course, being in the medical profession yourself, I am sure you knew this already… ; )