sprinting on grass less effective?

Heres a question then, i have access to a artificial turf field. Can for the first 6 weeks off spp1 of the repeat 60’s be done on the artificial turf. While the speed stuff be done on the synthetic track. So 2 days of the high int stuff on the turf and the third high int be done on the track. Or would this be to detrimental to development of acceleration speed, and also confuse my body into injury as i have read in other threads.

thoughts/ suggestions

i think u will be ok.

So you think ill be ok by doing the 60’s on the turf without hurting my accel development

any others thoughts

any have tried this

Check the archives for posts on this topic- if you run on a track for everything you will eventually develop a host of problems including “Tartan Syndrome”, where the sudden release characteristics of the surface will cause inflammation of the tendons- as well as a many times higher incidence of shinsplints.
Grass may be slower but Ben ran 10.06 on grass in Trinidad in 1987.

Will check the archives. What if one does not have access to smooth level grass? I have noticed on a camcorder, that when running on uneven patches of grass, you go from running perfect then you land in a tuff of grass and for 3 or 4 strides your no longer triple or even double extending. Uneven grass fields seem popular in Queensland. I am in a fairly new town now, so perhaps there are more tracks to look at? But, there is a drought on, grass is dying.
Where i used to train, there were two main tracks, and over 400m, there was nearly 2 sec differece between the two, and generally 2 sec difference between the fastest and a tartan oval when you went away. Our tracks here just sucks eggs.
Perhaps hocky fields? they are normally looked after??