Sprint Pyramid

I ran my first ever 100m/200m Sprint pyramid yesterday at my local track at 1.00pm in the afternoon.I finished and my calfs were aching like mad.
I have woke up this morning, and after lots of massaging and baths both the night before and the morning after, my calfs still hurt.
How long will it take for me to fully recover???

what exactly is a sprint prymid?

It’s when you run certain distances in a pyramid shape.
You start with a chosen distance and then you work your way up( the distance gets longer) You then when you reach your maximum distance you gradually work your way down to the distance that you begun the pyramid with.
And you have to have certain recovery periods in seconds or minutes between each rep.

ok i got you…
we used ot do those in high school and called them “russian sprints”. why i have no idea. For example 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 80 70 60 50 40 30. That is how we used ot do it. Its a shitload of volume though. I would think of it as more of a speed endurance workout since we only got a walk back recovery.
You soreness shoudl go away within 3-4 days if you are stretching and doing tempo. Doing proper recovery can improve you recovery by 40%.

Thankyou very muh for your reply QUIKAZHELL. I have nearly fully healed anyway so I will just keep stretching and I will continue to do tempo.
Thankyou very much

good luck!