Sprint "control tables"

Does anybody have experience of sprint “control tables” to predict competition times such as the following.

http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/technique/109-Frank_Dick.pdf

In my own experience I have found them to be quite accurate. Any thoughts or other similar resources?

Looks very accurate compared to my old performances :slight_smile:

cheers,
Chris

Dont forget these are “loose guidlines” Some athletes might do great in some tests and not good in others. The best thing to do IMO is to take the tests and analyze where can you improve. For example some sprinters might have a good score in the SLJ and the 30m but might suck at the 60 and 150m tests. Here you would know that there is a SE issue and set up training accordingly.

MY 2 cents…

the numbers are very acurate indeed, but in order to produce the electronic times mentioned you would need to tackle out on all the distances,

30m blocks: acceleration
30m flying: top speed
60m blocks: acceleration and top speed
150m: speed endurance

then your 100m should be somewhere in the electronic timing range. personally my 30m with the blocks would match almost a 10.1FAT!!! but then what happens after that!?!?!

You catch Rig…

hand timing in its self is quite a vague thing. I mean some people time from the first reaction to the finish touch. Others time from the go they shout out and then deduct 0.09 for a 30m (0.09 is the time it takes for the go to travel from the finish line where the timer is, to the start of the athlete on a 30m ) Some use first step timing and so on. I don’t know which is to be used. But for me. I once timed a training partner for his 30 blocks while being electronically timed at the same time. and the times on my stopwatch were. 3.67, 3.80, 3.92. Electronically the same 3 runs were as previously order. 4.22, 4.22, 4.22!!! SEE

I agree with the statement that you need to be doing about the same across the board. 2 or 3 on track for a 100 meter time.

Like a flying 30, 60 from blocks and a 150.
It first saw the chart when it was published, and it had worked for me for several years.

Working on those three myself.
aloha

i agree about the FAT times fast11, so then at the end of the day the variances in timed runs would be most likely from the person timing than from the guy doing the actual running!

i beleive the only way one can do it is through self progression, so if my coach is timing me in 3.6s and i drop it down to like 3.4s, another person with their coach might experience the same drop ex from 3.8 to 3.6 and yet both of us would settle with a 4.1FAT?!?

Tables look accurate. But bounding drills seem completly wrong. I can jump 2.97 standing long jump but i’m no where near 10.2! I thought it was more like 3.5m for sub 10.4.