Split Run Periodization for 200-300m

How many weeks have I trained in total this year? I’d have to look back and check. Perhaps my record keeping needs improving! The last meeting is August 10th at this stage, but there maybe another couple, but the latest I would race would be Saturday 25th August. My pbs are 11.4 and 23.5. The 11.4 was with a +3.0 and the 23.5 was with a -1.2, so I don’t know that the discrepancy between the times is as big as it looks.

12 total weeks with 8 of those weeks being meet weeks. First thing, race the 100/200 in all 8 meets.

Example:
4 weeks No meets:
Mon: Speed/Throws/Jumps/TB Wts
3x30 sled
3x60 blocks
hurdle hops 3x5
Throws x10
Squats 3x3 submax
Bench 3x3
Pullups/Hypers

Tue: Tempo/abs

Wed: Starts/Spec Endurance
3x20
2x250-300

Thur: Recovery

Fri: Starts/Speed Endurance/Jumps/Throws/Wts
2x30 sled or hills
2x30 blks
2x150
Pskips dis 2x40yds
Throws x10
Split squat 3x5
Bench 3x2

Sat: Tempo/General strength circuits/Abs
5-6x300 rest 90sec

Meet Week:
Mon: Speed/Throws/Wts
2x30sled/2x30 blks/2x60 submax
Throws x10
Squats 3x1-3
Bench 3x1-3
Pullups/Hypers

Tue: Tempo/abs

Wed: Starts/Speed End
2x20/1x120-180 submax
Jump squats 3x5
Bench press 3x1-3

Thur: Tempo or Rest (I’ll probably do tempo early season - rest later)

Fri: Premeet or Rest

Sat: 100/200/(general strength circuits post meet)

Sun: Rest

Once you start to race every week - keep all speed work submax. Late season drop sled pulls and unload every 4 weeks.

Thank you RB34. I like the template you have sent me. Are you suggesting relying largely on the meets for max velocity work? I notice the 2x60 on the Monday of a non racing week will give some stimulus for max vel, but probably not a significant amount. I would also possibly replace the squats with hex bar deadlift due to shoulder/back issues. I also like using cleans and RDLs, so may cycle those in, unless you could see a major issue with that?

Non race weeks there are 3x60 which is enough when you have racing coming up - you could toss in some flys but I remember Charlie strongly recommending 60’s with long recoveries. Don’t matter squat/leg press/deadlift do what ever you want. Probably wouldn’t do rdl inseason too much stress on hammies esp if you are already doing trap bar dead. REMEMBER WEIGHTS ARE GENERAL NO NEED TO DO A TON OF SHIT - SPEND YOUR TIME AND ENERGY ON THE TRACK.

What do you think the advantage would be using 60s over flys? I like leg press as I feel I can load the legs more, but I miss that feeling of hip extension that I get with cleans, trap bar deads etc. Okay, I have no issue cutting RDLs out in season. I have only recently really grasped the concept of spending my time and energy on the track! Needed to take a step back from what I was doing to really see it though!

that’s around what i will ru this season i think.
for me +1.0 wind decreases time in 100 with .1s.
so you 11.4 is about 11.7 which translates better to your 23.5(23.4=2x100pb). normally in 200/400 runners the 200 is some less than 2x100pb.
you 300pb@36.18 is relative good I think. many guys that run <36 all run low 11 in the 100. So it may look like a speed problem for you.

I think you have 2 people merged into one here. You have quoted my PBs for 100 and 200, but the 300 PB you have mentioned is QUikazhell’s, not mine. I’m not crazy enough to run a 300 lol.

oops sorry…:confused: