Speed work graph(s) + questions

Rupert?

Thanks.

The .pdf is included with the GPP download- to be clear when you make a purchase for the film all (and any required) files are included in the .zip download.

Hope this helps, sorry-glad I looked in there!

I have the one that came with the download or the disc in my case but I was referring to this quote of yours from a few weeks ago. Is there another pdf that has just been completed?

No additional materials have been created for this product.

What if you purchased the dvd when it first came out? I can’t recall getting any pdfs.

Graphs were not included with the film, if you like you can send me your proof of purchase and I will email you the set. Please send this to info@charliefrancis.com, subject ‘proof of purchase’.

I have a question regarding week 7 of GPP.

On wednesday 2×(4×60m) session on track, should I take the same recovery of 4,5/10min or increase it?
Im a average level sprinter (PBs of 11.0s, 22.2s)

thanks

I think that day is to create the foundation of special endurance for the future so the rest intervals are quite low (shorter than 4.5/10) but then they are not supposed to be run all out. That is they are to be done with intensity limits so as indicated you accelerate to about 30m (or slightly lesss) and hold that speed for the remainder of the distance.

I don’t think that early for that type of work you would even rest for as long as 4.5 minutes-it would probably shorter between the reps but over the week the RI’s will increase as will the distance of the int. limits.

However, the RI’s for the MW would be longer as they are meant to be alactic.

OK I understand. This training session leads into SE later. I will then shorten the rest time between reps but leave it 10min between sets.

thanks

Sorry, on the last sentence I meant the RI’s are longer for MF (not W).

The 2×(4×60m) are essentially split run type SE. They can be particularly useful if you’re running on an indoor track.

What if you have a outdoor track could you do 2x240?

I think for outdoor training, splits runs like 100+100+100 would work well for phase I SE, progressing to full 300m in phase II.

You could do 2x(4x60) outdoors as well.

I think if you live in Texas or a southern state and have access to warm weather you should probably take advantage. I think you could follow CF S2L speed days with the L2S spec end 1 workouts. For example:

Mon:
4x30
4xEFE

Thur:
4x20
2x300 resting 7mins (moving down to 1x150 over 12 weeks)

Or - 3 hi days.

Mon: Speed
Wed: Spec 1 long runs
Fri: Spilt 60’s

Thoughts?

I thought that would be a good idea as well. Similar to what they do in the Caribbean pretty much.

That’s the plan this year!!

GPP 6 weeks: Focus 0-30m
Mon/Thur Speed 0-30m
Wed/Sat: Tempo

SPP 12 weeks:
Mon: Speed 0-60m
Thur: Accel+Spec 1 150-300 (100-200m of Accel+Speed) Ex: 2x20+2x30+1x60+250/200

Indoor Comp: 5 meets
Maintain SE, run 200 EOW or perform 1-2reps of SE in workouts.

Look forward to seeing how it works out. Hope you stay injury free.

Me too!! I seem to always run my fastest 60m outdoors, I really think the SE work helps my overall speed. Also by doing long SE earlier in the year it should allow me to run faster 100m times earlier in the season. Most guys I’m racing against have tons of SE under there belt at the start of outdoors because they come from L2S programs.

When I try to print my graphs I get a message on one of the pages “insufficent data for an image”
I am new to this and trying to help my teenage daughter, so I want every “image” I can get! :smiley:

Rick

I have tried an email to “info@charliefrancis.com”, same day as my post above, and no response…and none to my post either?

Rick