Speed work graph(s) + questions

Is there supposed to be all the weeks of speed work in the pdf file? I only have week 7 in it. Btw, there is only 7 pages in my PDF, also correct? ALso, what would 3x(6x40m) mean? 18 sets of 40m?!

Would doing something like this for phase 1 be appropriate?

monday - weights + hills (10x10m,10x20m,10x30m)
tues-tempo,medball
wed-weights + hills( 10x10m,10x20m,10x30m) +plyo (before weights, but after hills)
thurs - tempo,medball
fri-weights + hills (10x10m,10x20m,10x30m)
sat/sun - foamroll/rest~?

Watch the DVD

I did. I can’t stand responses like that. I’m asking because I’m unsure and might’ve not caught something yet in the DVD. I don’t have time to keep rewatching it at the moment.

I believe that’s what I got in my PDF-7 pages.

3x (6 x 40m) denotes 3 sets of 6 reps of 40m thus 18 reps, not sets.

Regarding the 7 weeks I think that is only available (could be wrong of course) by watching the video.

4 weeks of hills with week 5 as hills on M/F and flat speed work on W, week 6 with two speed days on M/F with hills on W and week 7 with three speed days and one hill day on Sat. replacing tempo on that day.

Speaking of hills and not to change the topic I’m in GPP now. I’m using a few of these workouts posted here until I buy the GPP next week. But I’m ONE LUCKY GUY!!! Man, I got 60m of steep grass hills!!!

Boy ile tell ya, my area would be a GREAT place to start a sprint squad. I have hills, 80’s dirt tracks/brand new tracks and huge open grass fields to throw med balls. I’m a little mad tho, I do this all alone, it sucks! I miss having a team but I love the sport so much it does not matter, I get out there rain or shine!

lol, sorry to hijack post…

The PDF is complete everyone just so you know. Also, we are going to be doing a new set of graphs I hope in the near future with some audio commentary with Charlie-this should help everyone out quite a bit.

Ok. Great. Do the people who already bought GPP get these new graphs?

Well, I’ve analyzed the video relatively thoroughly last night. In a notepad file, I wrote all the times and such that things were mentioned. When I get home tomorrow, I’ll go over it and start understanding it more and incorporating it into my routine.

Also, today I did speed workout 1(Hills), along with weights soon after. The med ball routines will soon be added.

I found a major flaw in my form, when I was filming myself. If it wasn’t for this video and stressing hip height, I wouldn’t notice it. Quite glad I noticed it.

So, how about…

monday - weights + hills + expl. medball - HI
tues-tempo, core, medball - LI
wed-weights + hills +plyo (before weights, but after hills) - HI
thurs - tempo, core, medball - LI
fri - rest
sat-weights + hills - HI
sun. - rest

Comments?

Rupert, will the PDF be linked here? Thanks.

Rupert?

Thanks.

The .pdf is included with the GPP download- to be clear when you make a purchase for the film all (and any required) files are included in the .zip download.

Hope this helps, sorry-glad I looked in there!

I have the one that came with the download or the disc in my case but I was referring to this quote of yours from a few weeks ago. Is there another pdf that has just been completed?

No additional materials have been created for this product.

What if you purchased the dvd when it first came out? I can’t recall getting any pdfs.

Graphs were not included with the film, if you like you can send me your proof of purchase and I will email you the set. Please send this to info@charliefrancis.com, subject ‘proof of purchase’.

I have a question regarding week 7 of GPP.

On wednesday 2×(4×60m) session on track, should I take the same recovery of 4,5/10min or increase it?
Im a average level sprinter (PBs of 11.0s, 22.2s)

thanks

I think that day is to create the foundation of special endurance for the future so the rest intervals are quite low (shorter than 4.5/10) but then they are not supposed to be run all out. That is they are to be done with intensity limits so as indicated you accelerate to about 30m (or slightly lesss) and hold that speed for the remainder of the distance.

I don’t think that early for that type of work you would even rest for as long as 4.5 minutes-it would probably shorter between the reps but over the week the RI’s will increase as will the distance of the int. limits.

However, the RI’s for the MW would be longer as they are meant to be alactic.

OK I understand. This training session leads into SE later. I will then shorten the rest time between reps but leave it 10min between sets.

thanks

Sorry, on the last sentence I meant the RI’s are longer for MF (not W).

The 2×(4×60m) are essentially split run type SE. They can be particularly useful if you’re running on an indoor track.