rogue leader...

Coming up to 4 and a half…

Sunday
Treadmill Tempo
1x400 (12kmh)
1x300 (12kmh)
1x200 (16kmh)

I think the pace was a little quick today. I’ll bring it back to around 10-14 next time…

Tuesday
reverse hyper - 1:20, 5:5 (15kg)
kneeling leg ext - 1:30, 3:20 (15kg)

Thursday
Db bench - 3:30 (7.5kg)
rev hyper - 2:10 (15kg)
bent tri extension - 2:10 (7.5kg)

Friday
various Db exercises
shoulders, biceps, back, drop squats

Saturday
treadmill - 400m @ 9kmh
mini-tramp sprints - 2x10stp, 3x20stp

It has been raining heaps around here, so I’ve had to resort to purely indoor training.

Seems like my posterior strength is improving. Gotta get those quads stronger, somehow…

sunday-friday
various leg and back exercises that I didn’t keep track of.

saturday
rev hyper: 2:10 (~15kg)
warm up: 10x30m (50-75%)
speed: 3 pt starts 3x20m 95%+

it’s been raining and storming like crazy this month. the wettest summer I can remember.

tried something different yesterday. I did some hamstring exercises a few hours before I went to the track to see if activating the muscles prior to sprinting would help me (some ideas I got reading pavel’s training in this thread http://www.charliefrancis.com/community/showthread.php?21437-Good-article-on-speed-amp-age/page3&highlight=masters , as well as watching charlie’s video where he talks about the ripple effect of muscle stimulation). I wasn’t timing myself on these runs, but the first two especially felt really good. I think I’ll try this method again next week…

sunday
treadmill 400m @ 9kmh, 300m A 12kmh, 200m @ 16kmh, 300m @ 6kmh

wednesday
olympic lifts - ~20kg

thursday
treadmill 400m @ 9kmh
mini tramp 20stp, 40stp, 50stp
rev hyper 1:30
kneeling extension 1:20

found a heavy keyboard at work that we don’t need, so I’m going to use that to do a bit of lifting before I go home, every now and then… :wink:

You must live near me?! Re- rain

Nah, western Sydney. The number of drizzley days and thunder storms has been ridiculous.
Only a little bit of rain today, though. Might head off to the track for a bit once I’ve finished in the garden…

sunday
10x30m, 50-75%
3x30m, 90-95%

mon-thursday
sick with a cold.
calf cramp on wednesday night.

friday
OH squat, 2:5, 20kg
step up’s, 2:10 (each leg), 20kg
snatch, 2:10, 20kg

sunday
db snatch, 1:10, 15kg DB
straight leg dlift, 3:3, 30kg
squat, 1:10, 30kg; 1:6, 50kg; 1:3, 70kg; 1:10 50kg

more rain over the weekend (for example - http://www.margaretrivermail.com.au/news/national/national/general/warragamba-dam-on-verge-of-spilling/2475077.aspx?storypage=1 ), so no sprinting. probably a good idea anyway, as my calf cramp left me limping for a day or so.
lifted 70kg today and it felt as light as 30kg did when I first started training several weeks ago, so I’ve got to be doing sometihng right!

I had my training partner video one of my 30’s on sunday, but for some reason I can’t seem to load it on to youtube. it’s probably for the best, though. I looked like I was running on the spot… :stuck_out_tongue:

wednesday
minitramp jumps
1:20 two legs
1:10 single leg (10 each leg)
1:10 two legs, 15kg DB

friday
20kg weight
1:10 step ups (each leg)
1:10 snatch
3:3 snatch (as fast as possible)

saturday
squats
1:10 50kg
3:3 70kg
1:5 50kg

tuesday
1:10 DB SL DL, 30kg (2x15kg)
1:10 50kg squat
2:3 70kg squat
1:10 50kg squat (fast)

today when I did my squats I tried leaning forward a touch more than I usually do. I found that the stress transferred nicely from my knees to my hamstrings. right where I want it! hams and glutes felt nicely activated afterwards. the deadliftes help with that, too. they are not completely straight leg DL’s - more of a 35o angle. just enough to feel it more in my hamstrings and not too much in the lower back.

ok, now I feel like I am gathering some momentum.

Hi there,

I have a student who assurres me that Darren Lockyer has never done any weights and strength training, and that he succeeds only due to a mental will to win and no actual preparation. He is using this belief as an excuse for not doing adequate work in the classroom, so I would love to receive a quick reply from you to confirm that you have, in your role as strength and conditioning coach at the Broncos, observed Darren lifting weights and working to improve his strength.

thank you,

Greg…

greg

Darren Lockyer is one of the hardest, if not the hardest trainer in strength work or in any training (fitness, skills etc) ever. He was in the top 3 strength (pound for pound) every year at the Broncos. He would win the fitness running tests or be top 3 in these every year as well.

Darren would often sneak in to do extra training, not less.

Tell your student he is dreaming. No coach wants lazy players, nor do they want players who don’t study or read or write, because every week they have to study the opposition to find their weaknesses and strengths and study is a skill.

Dan

heh heh, that should do the trick… :smiley:

saturday
minitramp sprints
2: 20slow/20fast/20slow/20fast

weather for the last week has been:
*sat/sun - rain
*mon/tues/wed/thurs/fri - sunshine
*sat - rain

pretty annoying…

wednesday
warm up - lawn mowing (a brilliant warm up, actually!)
Db DL - 1:10 15kg db
squats - 1:5 50kg, 1:3 70kg
fast squats - 1:10 50kg
trampoline sprints - 2x 20slow/20fast/20slow/20fast

still feeling good… :slight_smile:

saturday
minitramp sprints - 3x 60stp
alternating with reverse hypers - :30

I’ve signed on for a trial pilates class on monday afternoon. hopefully I can pick up a few exercises that will help me with my upper back area…

sunday
8x 10m 3pt start
reverse hyper, 1:15 15kg

wow. I can’t believe how crappy my starts are at the moment… :stuck_out_tongue:

Monday
1 hour pilates class.

Hmm, that was tougher than I thought it would be. Certainly did the job, though. I have identified great tightness in my lats. Also, my right adductor seemed comparatively weak…

Group or 1on1 class?

Group of about 6…

Thursday
Step up’s 2:10 each leg, 20kg
Snatch 2:10, 20kg
Fast squat, 1:20, 20kg

Sunday
Jumping db Squats, 2:20, 15kg
Hip thrusts, 1:20, 15kg
Jumping db Squats, 1:20, 1:13, 15kg

Had a scare with some knee soreness and swelling on Saturday. It was a bit of a mystery because I felt fine when I went to bed, even when I got up in the middle of the night, but in the morning I could hardly walk. Went away after some nurofen, but it returned briefly this afternoon. I just hope this doesn’t keep coming back on me…

monday
pilates class - 1 hour

thursday
tempo
4x150m - 30s, 29s, 28s, 25s

technique felt all over the place and I felt like I had no spring in my legs, but that’s why I’m out there. I want it back…

saturday
various plyos
tramp sprint 60 steps

monday
hamstring/glute/ab strength exercises
arm speed drills
db jumping squats, 2:20, 15kg

about to head to the track for some tempo…

Tuesday
Tempo
7x100m, ~17s

I’ve been getting some soreness around the kneecap area. No idea what’s causing it.

On the bright side, I felt a lot smoother on the track today…