RJ's Results

Shit you still PRd either way you look at it even if you ran 11.8.

Just remember to relax and let it come next meet. Not bad for not running very much, especially your 400m.

Thats the great thing about track and field you are always competing with yourself and if you PR thats great no matter what time you run.

Thanks again for the kind words. Still though, I won’t fail to deliver on a sub 11.5. :slight_smile:

Just worry about pr’ing each meet–if it’s .01 or .1 or whatever. Congrats on the PRs, just keep things in perspective and one step at a time.

Just make sure you’re not setting yourself up for failure. Your previous PB was 12.12, and you’re looking to knock 3/4 of a second off for your second 100m race of the season? I don’t want to discourage you, because a .31 drop in time over 100m is awesome.

What I’m saying is don’t rush things and let your times come to you! If you know you’re ready to run faster, then just go out and try to beat your 11.81. Asafa Powell ran his 9.74 without trying very hard.

Cortese, thanks. I guess a .31 second PR isn’t really bad. And thanks on the 400M too, that one actually surprised me. I wasn’t expecting that big of a drop with how short I’ve been keeping my sprints.

Davan, thank you too. I will worry about PRing from now on but I am still guaranteeing (barring a catastrophic injury) a sub 11.5 before this season is out. I can do 110m in 12.37h on grass with a standing start. I know I can hit 11.49 FAT over 100M as long as I stay relaxed and just wait for it.

Don’t worry, I’m not setting myself up for failure. Like I said in the post just above, my training 110M times have shown the capability of much faster 100M sprints. I just need to let it come rather than reach for it. And thanks for the compliment and the Asafa example. Relaxation is the name of the game from here on out.

RJ,

Congrats for your PBs.

Considering all I think your 400m was very good.

I also told you, you were going to perfom around that time in the 100m.

I had 300mg of caffeine two hours before

If you are not a regular coffee drinker it’s too much.

As the raise of cathecolamines make you more nervous, you can either take 50mg very close (30 minutes) or 200mg very far from the competition (6 hours). But I would tend to suggest you to take it far from it, so you can enjoy the alertness increase without burning yourself up with your additional catecholamines increase.

I wish you the best fam, but the 400m may be ur event […]you ran 54 with zero 400m training, im sure if you train for the 400m you could get 49-50.

Ditto.

Thanks, I was expecting a lot more taunting from you but you’ve been very nice about the whole thing.

Yes, that surprised me too :smiley:

Thats the great thing about track and field you are always competing with yourself and if you PR thats great no matter what time you run.

This sums it all.

yeah i took 100mg caffeine 30mins before my first race. Would that be to much?

Thanks sprinterouge. And to answer your question, I never drink coffee and almost never drink caffeinated soda. 300mg of caffeine was probably way too much for me.

As for the 400M, I don’t want to run it. It hurts. :smiley:
The 100M is still where it’s at for me, I just need to keep a level head next time I’m out there.

Of course it hurts, it’s your first 400 of the season! It’ll get better after a few races and with proper training.

300mg caffeine definitely too much if you aren’t used to it; I’d start with 50-100mg see how you feel and then go from there.

I’ll knock back the dose next time. When do you start running?

My opener is June 18th, 100/400 double.

We not going big until july.:slight_smile:

are you racing today?

Yeah I think he said he was? 50/200 right?

lets us know whats up rj. :slight_smile:

I ran the 200M and then the 50M today, the bad thing is that the 50M was only 10 minutes after the 200M and I was fried. Also, just to note, I had no caffeine prior the race. I had no jitters but I didn’t have much extra energy either.

For the 200M, I ran 24.57 but I died at the end. I mean, I was running slower than at the end of a 400M. I honestly have no clue what happened. I tore up the curve (I actually split 11.65) but then my legs just stopped working and the lactic acid burn was horrible. Overall, the race wasn’t great, but I’m excited about my curve.

Here’s a video (I’m in gray):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkGuN7Ul00s

Then, for the 50M which was only 10 minutes later, I was still breathing hard, had a headache, and was suffering from some serious lactic acid accumulation in my hamstrings (I know, I’m out of shape :() and it didn’t go so well. The guy in the red and the guy in the black and white from the 200M video, both of whom I destroyed at the start at the 200M, beat me out to 10M at the 50 and it was all I could do to pick them up. I’ve never ran while so fatigued before. It was horrible. Still, I hit 6.60 FAT which is a .13 second PR for me.

All in all, I was surprised by how fast I fell apart in the 200M (watch and laugh) but I think my curve running was good and speaks well for next meet. I won’t even comment on the 50M. The fact I was left behind out of the blocks after my performance in the 200M removes all relevance of the race for me. The only thing I learned from it was that I am horribly out of shape (which I already knew).

100M and 400M next Thursday. <11.5, here I come. :smiley:

I cant wait till next wed and thur.

Me neither. I’d like to turn out a fast time for both now that I’ve got my nerves under control. I won’t be going 11.2-11.3, but I think I can go under 11.5.