Redskins investigate rash of hamstring injuries

Look you said the part of chiropractic procedures first.

I said he gave me an injury in the foot on top of the fact I made no progress.

He was not skilled. At least that day, from what I saw. And based off of one treatment I can make that evaluation. Why? Because im the guy.

Let it rest.

I agree. Surely if you have a bad experience, you don’t need to repeat it and pay for it as well.

For those on the east coast, The Doc you see in Charlie’s videos (Dr. Prebeg) recommended this guy to me. I have not gone to him but if Prebeg give’s him the thumbs up he must be good. Pricey too :slight_smile:

http://www.greenwichsportsmedicine.com/HTML/mission.htm

His name is Dr. Gil Chimes located in Connecticut. He’s worked on toplevel athletes.

It’s all the therapist.

I’ve seen the most qualified guys perform terrible treatments and give useless advice and some ‘under-qualified’ therapists give in-depth 2 hour quality treatments with great results. It’s the therapist.

Charlie,
I’ve read that ham strength isn’t the problem. What is? pelvic alignment/posture, volume, lack of therapy? How do you weight these causes

the principle cause is training overload and/or poor planning and prep. all else flows from there

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8097a7b7&template=with-video&confirm=true

He should be use to the HIT system since thats what michigan state does under ken.

I suppose you can cripple him as long as you’re paying a cool million…

He tore his hamstring and only gonna miss 6-8wk, ku2 had a grade 2 and missed 5months, how is this so?

JACKSONVILLE — Jaguars wide receiver Jerry Porter had surgery Friday to repair a torn hamstring tendon and will miss all the preseason.

It was a significant setback for a team with Super Bowl expectations.

Porter signed a six-year, $30 million contract with Jacksonville in February and was supposed to give the team its first go-to receiver since Jimmy Smith retired. But he missed most of minicamp and organized team activities with hamstring problems.

Team doctors thought it would heal during the layoff before training camp, but decided Friday that surgery would be the best option to ensure Porter would be healthy during the season.

The Jaguars said Porter would be out six to eight weeks, with hopes that he could be ready for the Sept. 7 season opener at Tennessee.

I would say 8 weeks is what it takes for a grade 2 if you have very good therapy.

I had a grade 2 (almost grade 3) at the adductor magnus tendon that i recovered fully in 14 weeks.

I had good therapy, but professional athletes supposedly recover much faster.

5 months for a grade 2… that is a looong time.

ku2u acted like a retard with his treatment and recovery, that’s why.

are redskins HIT? i’ve seen vid of cooley doing squats and pc

unless hastings is a change man the skins are HIT. when he was with the chargers he was HIT/strongman, he had something call the death circuit.

MSU is not HIT…I spoke at a conference last year and Mannie was the he next speaker…He showed video of his workouts.

They O lift, they squat, back and front, the use slide boards, they do plyos, they do bodybuilding type work.

What gets his guys in trouble is their running program. He feels they need to be pounded into the ground to get mentally tough enough to play big ten football…

The video of their running work was just awful. About 10-20% in that session had warps for their thighs, hammy etc…backs and linemen doing 50 yard bounds followed by 50 yard sprints full speed, done several times with short rest, alternating single leg step up jumps for 30 sec on 30 sec off and so it goes.

well he must have change because in 2000 I took a visit to msu and spoke to ken and he also gave me a copy of there winter offseason conditioning video, a bunch non sense drills.

I did. After I pulled it, I was thinking I would be back within 3 weeks of complete rest. Then I re-injured it, and it took forever to heal. Then after that my lower back started compensating for it. Now my hamstring is fine, but my lower back is messed up to say the least. And I’m entering 2-a-days the week after next without much training time. I regret being so impatient with this injury. I never expected it to be this bad.

Fixed.

Rupert
CharlieFrancis.com

thank you.

Ken brought in I believe Tommy Hoke?? who was from App state I believe.

MSU’s lifting program seems to get guys big, but I did question their running program. It seems they like to lift hard first, then run until they puke