recovery based training

This is also how supplements get marketed.

It’s the way of the world now. Everyone’s an expert thanks to Google, and rarely does anyone want to do the hard work, think for themselves or research a subject.

Angela.

Interestingly the low intensity training doesn’t make you recover slower either. It seems like they do not tax your system at all.

So you could say that low intensity training itself doesn’t make you recover faster, but the general fitness you get from it does!

This is why Charlie always described tempo work as similar to chicken soup when you’re sick. It might help and it won’t hurt.

It might help and it won’t hurt is a good way to think about it.
I think anyone who has done tempo the right way would be able to say that it’s helpful.
I think a problem with some information here is people do not fully understand how to implement the ideas into real training.
This is why we created Project Jane. It’s an example of what actual training looks like yet I think people often disregard simple for complicated.
There has to be some really " big" thing that " makes" people fast. Why can’t it be about all the small pieces , done consistently over time with ongoing tweaking and changes like a science experiment? Training successfully with proper methods is really like one big science experiment over time.

Simple is hard because when you’re tired you cannot think. You can only keep going hard if you’re training like a race horse with blinkers on, just stop thinking and go !

Complicated training causes paralysis by analysis

Am I correct in assuming you went to a Charle Francis clinic while he was in Australia. Well put

Gold coast seminar.

Plus my old trainer from the mid 90s used to train race horses also :slight_smile: