recipes

For those that are interested I will post more recipes that I have been making. For instance charlie posted long ago about dunkin donuts being filled with creatine jelly (remember the grape juice transport fad 8 years ago?). well clemson got crazy again and made a “double trouble” donut laced with cytofuse frosting and creatine. The post workout poppers and puddings are fantastic! Thanks XCELL!

I miss Rupert! Are you still in Virginia? Watch out for Tim Lane and I have been destroying slivio!

im interested in ur recipes clemson. mind sharing some??

Post 'em, por favor

here is something ive been eating consistently eating and have been loving!
everything i need for recovery.

1 cup ff cottage cheese
1/2 cup organic ff yogurt
small handful of mixed berries (or pinnapple)
drizzle coconut milk over top to taste ( i use about 1-2 tablespoons)
sprinkle cinnamon on top

exact ratios are subject to taste and preference, but this is what i like.
i work late nights and when i come home i need something easy! and oh yeah, it contains some of the best food sources you can have.
try it and let us know what you think.

Clemson: I think a repost of your power cheesecake may be in order! Guys, it is EXTREMELY tastey and easy to take down. This is what got me through the first practice during conditioning and 3-a-days:

D’s Cheesecake (Nightmare’s Super wife)

STEP ONE: Thin layer of honey and real granola and cinamon on a round cake tray.

This layer provides the fuel for the first part of the day and is caloric dense.

STEP TWO: Slice strawberries or mash blueberries into very low fat cottage cheese after you mixed in vanilla grow. Spread 2-3 inches thick on the pan.

This layer provides slow acting protein with high levels of anti-oxidants with low GI carbs. Make sure you frost it overnight int the freezer and let it thaw in the fridge. rotate the process every day to keep the food ready.

STEP THREE: ADD walnuts or other healthy nuts (sprinkly half a handfull or less for healthy fats and for flavor say 3-5 grams to make it a P and C meal).

This helps with keeping your hunger pangs away.

STEP FOUR: EAT and destroy.

Throw some cinnamon and coconut oil on anything and it will taste good.

Anyone else? I am real interested in some good quick snacks or meals to cook…

Is coconut oil supposed to taste good? Or is it that it tastes good mixed with cinnamon?

What are the benefits of consuming cinnamon? This has probably been covered in the past… Anyone wanna give me a brief sum of when/why to eat it?

Coconut oil tastes good on its own… It’s a fat, and fats taste great. Make sure to get the “virgin” or “unrefined” kind.

Cinnamon helps regulate blood sugar levels. Do a search and you will see some posts on it.

bump for clemson…i’m hungry.

bumb and grind…I am horny.

Anyone got a flapjack recipe -

one where I can add whey pro without damaging it during the toasting phase ?

Cheers

Pete

How would you damage it? Is it no longer made of amino acids? I hate this myth, WPC is used in baking quite often.

It is not a myth when it comes to concentrated forms of protein. There is quite more to whey protein than just amino acids. When you either heat the product or lower the pH significantly you loose microfractions, immunopeptides, growth factors etc that make whey protein so healthy, beyond the amino acids.

So if you are going to consume a protein shake with whey, might as well get the best benefits. This really should be considered when choosing a ready to drink protein shake. Most are heat processed for food safety and to make the powder reconstitute better.

I once made a “pancake” out of cottage cheese, egg whites, whole wheat flour, vanilla, and splenda but can’t seem to remember the recipe. I hope that I find it because with sugar free syrup or low sugar preserves it made the PERFECT breakfast.

[QUOTE=zeppelin]It is not a myth when it comes to concentrated forms of protein. There is quite more to whey protein than just amino acids. When you either heat the product or lower the pH significantly you loose microfractions, immunopeptides, growth factors etc that make whey protein so healthy, beyond the amino acids.
QUOTE]

Cheers Zep - Any ideas regarding baking temps? Obviously there’s gonna be some damage - but would any form of baking make the protien useless?

It does not make the overall protein useless, it just renders the growth peptides, immunopeptides, and the like denatured. These are active regulatory proteins that need to be intact to have effect. Most are utilized right in the gut but they are never incorporated into structural proteins. That is if they are intact. Once denatured the amino acids are then utilized as individual entities.

Low pH or high temp will denature them. So yes, by baking whey you will lose the health qualities. Any mode of cooking will. As of now my guess is that 95% plus of all the ready to drink whey products have completely lost this health quality. What you are left with is amino acids. You still need amino acids and still get the protein benefit. What you do not get is the great health benefit.

The health fact has been lost a bit because the dairy industry completely dropped the ball for the past ten years. But times are changing. They have lost far too much market share to soy protein. In their last national meeting, the dairy industry put forth initiatives to fund studies validating the health benefits of isolated whey proteins which is the result of the many microfractions inherant to the isolated protein.

All of these same microfractions are in milk of course. I don’t know the values off the top of my head, but the level of is obviously much higher per gram of protein in an isolate than in raw milk.

Hi Pete
My suggestion is to keep supplements where they belong and eat great food.
Protein shakes can be made countless ways.

1. standard shake with milk, water or juice
  2. make your own with organic yogurt and fresh or frozen fruit.
  3. combine the above to add flavour,or boost the protein and or fiber
    ( blueberries are great in shakes and full of fibre, strawberries have a very low glycemic index and also readily available, and banana is great fresh or frozen, so there’s no waste)
  4. organic juices or fresh squeezed juices with protein powder or yogurt and lots of ice to make the shake taste rich and refreshing esp. on hot days.

As for the flapjack question, once a week I make Martha Stewarts buttermilk pancakes, serve it with all the extras and eat two hard-boiled with. When I was competing the extra calories did not matter but now I am more careful and use less extras and sometimes like to add organic yogurt.
Martha’s Buttermilk Pancake Recipe
2 cups all purpose flour ( yeah I know what they say about white flour and you can research recipes with buckwheat flour, whole wheat flour etc and they are good as I have tried many of them but…I would rather have less of something that is really good, and be satisfied than rubber like pseudo pancakes.)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt ( I almost never use full amount of salt as it does not matter to me and will only effect the taste not end result
3 tab of sugar ( again I know this seems like lots but I have tried the recipe without, and less sugar and the pancake does not stick together as well and goes flat
2 large eggs lightly beaten ( I try to use organic eggs whenever possible primarily cause I can taste the difference and less comercialization can’t be bad)
3 cups of buttermilk
4 TAB of unsalted butter ( I try to use organic butter as well for above reasons)
( 1/2 of the above recipe will make roughly 16 silver dollar sized pancakes)
What to put into your pancakes
I love to use blueberries and you add them once the batter is in the pan individually
can use apple with a bit of cinnamon and brown sugar
sliced banana, fresh raspberries are all good
Tips to make pancakes turn out great
Heat grill or cast iron fry pan so that when you flick water onto pan it forms small beads and sizzles. Temp of pan is important on how your flaps will turn out
Whisk dry ingredients together. Add wet ingredients one at a time and gently combine. Batter should not be over mixed and needs to have small to med. lumps to get fluffly pancakes
May need some veg. oil to prepare pan depending on surface. Use spoon or laddle to pour batter inton pan. Wait for bubbles to appear on each pancake before flipping. If using fruit etc. to put into pancakes add the fruit as soon as you pour the batter.
good luck and enjoy!
Notes:
Buy the best food you can afford, learn as much as you can about what food can do for you, and experiment with what works for you.
Cheers and let Charlie and I know how it turns out.

P.S. We are coming out with a product on our site soon called " Project Jane " featuring a young athlete Charlie has worked with and we moved into our house for a two week training camp and one of the things I did was teach her how to cook and eat better quality foods. Nothing radical in the supplement department but since then she has been eating much better, and is much leaner.

Angela Coon

I think this is great advice.

Angela Coon can cook like a chef from a five star hotel…