RB34 Comeback Program Part 2

Depending how things go this weekend I may go to Iowa State next Saturday, this would require me to change my training.

how far is iowa from you

Couple hrs, don’t care my boy is driving and want me to go.

Yea, this finally makes sense now that I train using CF methods.

All the other coaches I was under had programs that were constructed in a way where going 100% in competition felt out of place because we never ran in the 95%+ range. That is sad being that we were all sprinters.

To add insult to injury, I ran well more out of being scared then actually making an effort to go through all my stages of the race properly (e.g., React to gun, block clearance, drive phase, ect)

Ohh, and your training program looks great. I wish you a successful season. It’s to bad you, Chris68, others, and myself can’t all train together under someone with the expertise like Charlie. I mean it just sucks that there are just little pods of people scattered around training on there own in America.

lol everyone doesnt get lucky enough to have a great coach. I finally converted my training partner to belive in the gospel of charlie. He went from running 4 straight 10.9s to 10.6,10.5,and 10.4 within a season based of the the weight training videos. He was also injured the year before and before that only ran 10.8. Now he is a true beliver in charlies correct training.

Thur: 240
Warmup W
2x30 stand
2x30 3pt
3x40 blk
400 jog/walk
ab circuit 20sec
db jsq 2x6x20
ip 2x3
tread walk/stretch

Don’t know what’s going on but the last 12-14 days I haven’t felt very fast and lacking turnover. With me this could be a good sign because when I feel slow I’m usually sprinting fast. I have to decide if I want to drive down Sat morning or sleep in a hotel Friday night with friends, I’m leaning towards driving down Sat morning so I can go through my pre meet ritual etc. All of the work has been done now it’s time to make someone pay.

Countdown: 2 Days

Damn what a stressful ass week, I’m so high on life and fired chicken right now. :slight_smile: It’s so cold in the mid west I have no clue how my legs will feel on the track tomm.

This is for Chris:
Ready 4 War:

//youtu.be/sia0IA9NvZM

lol lets get it

Mission Completed: Shitty start and too much show boating cost me a trip to finals. Lane 3 scratched and I could have ran but I wanted to punish myself and make sure I never let that happen again. I won my heat in 7.02 with the next closest person to me running 7.12, I feel very strong if I had my patent start and didn’t show boat the last 5 meters I could have ran at least 6.95. If I can have my normal inseason progression of .2-.3 then I will be very happy.

I totally feel like shit because I could have gone so much faster… :frowning: As of right now my next race is Friday evening at Iowa State.

BTW, I am going back to my normal block start position. 9 more races to go!!!

So what you tried a unproven weapon. How did you showboat.

My friend who beat my ass all summer, I finally returned the favor and it wasn’t even close 7.18 I slowed down at 55 and looked back. Don’t worry I will go back to my old starts, I been trying some new shit the past 3-4 weeks.

congrats on the solid performance, those times will drop quickly.

Week 8: Second race
Mon: 1000
Warmup A
5x200 34/3 (28-33)
400 walk/jog
mb situps 1x25
mb toe touches 1x25
mb russ twist 1x25
mb side toss 1x25
pullups 2x10
chinups 2x10
pushups 4x20
stretch

Overall good session the last 200 was at 28sec and the first three 31-33sec. I’m ready for the Iowa meet this Friday and there should be a ton of good competition including Ivory Williams and Dexter Faulk.

BTW, my side is starting to feel better and I am thinking about adding ol’s back to the program in the next week or so since I won’t be pushing them at all inseason.

Whats your plan for the week? Taking it easy?

Have you ever experimented with pre-race activation strategies? Like a set of cleans or squats in your warm up?

Mon: Tempo/GS bw movements
Tue: Speed+Weights
Wed: Rest
Thur: Neural workout
Fri: 60m
Sat-Sun Rest
Mon: Resume normal training for the reminding three weeks of SPP.

Never done cleans nor squats but have done throws and bungee cord starts.

Do you feel like it works.

Are you talking about the throws and bungee starts, if so yes…

yea. I see people doing that sometimes before they run. How have your times at practice so far compare to what you ran at your first meet?

Very accurate more accurate then last year. Like I mention earlier I have no doubt that I will at least hit 6.80 in the 60m.