RB34 Comeback Program Part 2

muscles can only contract, in the case of the hammy it either bends the knee or stabilises the quad. If you are straining it while working the quads I suggest it is stabilising too hard. The quad straightens the knee. Just get into a position where the load on the quad is greater and the hamstring less.

Most of the hamstring muscles also cross the hip…

and act as hip flexors.

No, they act as hip extensors. The exact opposite…

In fact, they’re the secondary drive muscles in sprinting (behind the glutes). So I guess you could say they do a little bit more than flex the knee.

You get a tick for the answer, back to the question how do they affect the hamstring.

Get the knees back when doing the squats.

Thank you. And I wouldn’t push the knees back while squatting. Squats are primarily for the glutes, quads, and back. Sprinting and accessory work takes care of hamstring development.

Talking to a young weight lifter last week and he is getting over a back strain, his knees were too far forward. If you go to SOPAC call and see me and I will introduce you, he works there.

To get the ham work needed i think that deads stiff and roman take care of it. Squats are a mainstay but the deads help to keep one from becoming quad dominant. imo

Get the CF.com forum review “The Classics” -there are many pages in there on this!

I agree, but you must be careful with the extra hamstring work starting in SPP and through the comp season. If you look at CF work he had very little if any direct hamstring work in SPP-outdoor comp.

I think the reason why I am so sore this year is I dropped all direct hamstring work after I injured my hamstring in Feb, this upcoming year I may keep a little direct hamstring work in my program something as simple as hyper complex 2x8.

Tue: 1200
Warmup A
Ringo x5
4x300 57/5m (50-62)
400 walk/jog bare foot
wille x8
bp 3x10
db rows 3x10
weight circuit A 2x10
russ series 2x10x80lb
bike/stretch

The first 300 was easy and the last three was punishment, I fear the 400’s we have next Tuesday :). The weights were better this week and I didn’t take it easy like I did last Tuesday.

Overall I am very pleased with how things are going with training and I wasn’t sore at all from Monday’s squat workout but still had a little tightness from the rdl’s.

My training mate has gained 4lbs so far and his goal is to put on a total of 10lbs in this 7 week gpp, his reps will stay in the 8-12 range for gpp.

why does he want to add weight?

Because he is a baseball player and only weigh 174lb.

BTW, his pc is 165, squat 265, and bp 205. His upper body weights are slightly different from my setup.

check your email

Wed: 1000
Warmup W
5x200 4 min rest (28-30) CSW
4x100 ext tempo - bare foot
Planks 2x30sec

Overall better workout then last Wednesday and my body felt good. Thursday will be tempo 200’s on field turf.

Thur: 1200
Warmup Z
Dino x4
6x200 230min
400 walk/jog bare foot
wille x8
ip 3x10
lat pd fr 3x10
weight circuit B 2x10
russ series 2x10x70lbs
bike/stretch

Another tough tempo session, not sure why Thursday tempo session is hard but I do have a couple reasons why.

1: Third tempo day in a row.

2: Fitness levels suck.

3: Stop and go on field turf.

4: Fatigue from the weights.

Fri: 360
Warmup C
3x3x40 sled
Louisiana 1x10
400 jog/walk bare foot
Ab circuit 1x20sec
pc 4x6
bs 3x10x80% of 10rm
rdl 4x8
Depletion push-ups 3x
weighted decline sit-ups 3x10
bike/stretch

Overall good session, I am feeling good on the squats. Time for NFL football!!

Quick update: No soreness from the RDL’s this weekend and overall my body feels great. I need to do a better job with my diet because I am eating like shit.

Week 3:
Mon: 400
Warm-up C
2x5x40 sled
Texas 1x30
400 walk/jog bare foot
Ab circuit 1x20sec
pc 4x5x60
cp 3x5x85
bs 3x10x90% of 10rm
weighted decline sit-ups 3x10x80lbs
bike/stretch

Overall 7/10 today, I started out kinda slow and felt lazy. Tomorrow should be fun with 8x400 at 3min rest!!! :wink:

My weight has been steady between 175-178 and I still need to get leaner to reach the goals I want to achieve on the track.

If I can maintain my weight and get the squat to 500lbs I’ll feel good about my overall strength levels.

Next week I’ll start max strength work, should be much easier then 3x10. :)’