Quick question?

I was rying to search for conversion of times from yds to meters. Trying to translate a forty yd time to posible 55m results. I know it’s highly variable, but just looking for ballpark number id ther is such translation. Thanks!

I have a football player who runs consistent 4.2 hand timed forties. I was wondering if anyone could ball park where he might be in the 55m and 60m. I am trying to talk him into running indoor for his U this winter. Two summers ago, just out of high school he ran a 100m in 11 flat in flats out of a standing start. He had already done a lot of speed work as well that day. He looked locked up over the last 30m. I wouldn’t want to alter his football training too much but I think running 55 and 60 meters would be good for him. Any help is appreciated.

6.3x 55 if you’re lucky

Yep, I seen guys run 4.2 ht for pro scouts but only hit 6.6’s 55m and 10.8 100m fat.

This kid has a lot of ability. I am just trying to get him to do something so he doesn’t party too much before spring ball. He could perhaps excel at the short sprints. With proper block training, he could be super explosive from the start and learn to hold his speed from 30m to 60m. Kid has been jumping 39"+ since 11th grade, so he has a ton of fast twitch fiber.

If thats your goal, then you should be selling him on that instead of selling him on the times he could run etc which could set him up for failure.

He is a cocky kid. It’s hard to get him to think rationally. He already has pro scouts calling his old high school coaches asking about character issues. He is a true sophomore. His Mom passed going into his senior year and he could use some direction. I am trying. He regularly races the DB’s on his team because he likes competition. Hasn’t come close to losing yet. I would just like to see him do something more constructive in the off season. Losing some races might make him realize he can always get better.