Question about Med ball training?

Ha, i see, so tuesday would be tempo, med ball + explosive med-ball and lower weights during early weeks. This looks like it may take a while to complete!

Yes. You’re on the right track. Before the primary speed/power days rise too high in intensity, some of the H.I. work can be done on alternate days as shown on the graphs in the GPP Download but as you move to SPP, all the H.I. componants move to the speed days and it’s all low intensity on the alternate days.

Adjust accordingly, if needed, in terms of volume and/or training elements to be employed and their density within a week. Whatever works for you!

Ha, yea! I just found a way to throw a 15lbs med ball at my gym and did so for 300 reps. I plan to do 300 reps in two separate low/tempo workout days for about 2/3 weeks then ram it up to 600; and about a year from now 1200 like CF said.

I have yet to get the GPP vid but I can “feel” how it could help you. You’re tired and fatigued but yet you still haft to throw the ball explosively; I feel this is similar to the last 50m of a race, you’re tired and fatigued but yet you haft to move your limbs explosively anyway.