Q on low intesity medball throws

in charlies gpp dvd he metnions that low intesity medball throws can be done on tempo days and can last between 20 and 30 mins and around 1000 throws… I was wondering if this is a continuous 20-30 mins (ie going from one exersise to the next without rest)… Also i have a 12 lbs medball, would this be too heavy for the low intesity throws?

----------nope---------------

thats what i thought, but after watching the dvd again charlie mentions the MB session involves “continous work with the ball over 20-30 mins”, this sounds like he means with no rest… maybe charlie can clear this up?

I have done circuits exactly like his and a 12lb ball is fine. Maybe start off with 8 or 10, but 12 can work fine as that is what I generally used and found 8 to be rather easy (10 was good).

Yes, it’s continuous as you can see on the Med ball download. The film shows one circuit through pretty much in real time. Perhaps a short stretch between circuits but that will soon not be necessary. Athletes can handle from one to three times through the circuit depending on fitness and experience. the loading should be very gradual. One example might be:
Wk1: 1 circuit 3x/wk
Wk2: 1x circuit, 2x circuit, 1x circuit
Wk3: repeat
Wk4: 2x circuit, 1x circuit, 2x circuit
wk5: repeat
and so on…

these are done on tempo days correct? i’m kinda confused b/c in the gpp dvd it says that on tempo days you’re doing high intesity MB throws, so where would this fit in?? would it go on top of the tempo, exlosive MBs and weights?

look, during EARLY gpp you can do high intensity mb on tempo days, but eventually you move all high intensity elements (or at least most) onto the same days. So while the HI elements may be spread during part or all of gpp, they will eventually be predominantly on MWF or something like that. The low intensity mb work IS a form of tempo.

yes i understand that… i’m just trying to figure out where to put the low intesity medball circuit during the gpp. M, W and F are sprints/weights while t, th, sat are tempo, explosive MB, and weights. So when would you be able to do the low intesity medball circuit when doing gpp? the only day i can see would be the sprint days…

you can put it in gpp if you want… don’t feel so restricted. if you want to do some mb tempo one day to save your legs, do it.