Pylometric Recovery

Is their anything specific that I should be doing after my pylometrics? I’ve been told that I should ice the knees immediately after doing pylometrics, true or false? Take a hot bath or etc? So basically anything to allow my body to recover quicker after doing pylometrics.

Thanks, Snoopy.

There’s nothing you MUST do right after plyo’s.

If you have knee problems then icing them right after a plyo session would probably help. Or find an alternative way to train if it is a serious problem.

A contrast shower, alternating between cold and hot water, would be a good recovery tool after a high intensity session.

I’ve never had any nagging knee injuries. Will icing them after doing sprints/pylometrics/weightlifting to reduce the chance of injuries or anything positive if I don’t have knee injuries?

I’ve had some elbow problems so from now on after doing any weighlitfing I’ll be icing them.

If I’m correct I should do the contrast shower after a workout because to drain the body of lactic acids so I’ll be fresh for the next workout? I’m also doing static stretching on my rest days to improve flexibility and from what I heard, promotes recovery.

i was also wondering the optimal range in days for recovery before testing a vertical etc after performing 4 weeks of shock…

probably at least 7-10 days possibly out to the end of the next block depending on your belief in lag training effects (llte/ldte/dop)

I don’t know if anyone has proven why they work. I think the general theory is that cold moves blood deep into your muscles and hot brings blood out to the surface. Always supposed to end on cold.

Straight icing is debatable. Some people swear by it. Give it a shot is all I can say.

Contrast Shower works a lot on ANS, imo blood/limph drainage is not prevalent, a simple reason, vertical position (try it with inversion therapy :D)
After plyos, I’d put ice on muscles too (calves/hammies specially).

Why not quads? Surely they take as much if not more of the work than the hamstrings??

yes quad too…:slight_smile:

LOL, thought so!

According to my physi. professor, “If anybody ever feels like giving themself a stroke, contrast hydrotherapy is the way to go!” Lol

Haha I love contrast showers. The first cold cycle sucks, but after that it feels refreshing mixed in with the hot water.

I go 1 minute cold followed by 3 minutes hot.