Prolotherapy for patellar tendonitis

How useful do ye think prolotherapy can be for treatment of patellar tendonitis? Anyone have any experience (positive/negative) with this treatment in general?

Yes, but generally depends on the practitioner

(Of course, correcting the cause would be the first step)

For local pain, prolo is a great technique.

Generally TMJ disorder (occlusion) can be a key point for much knee problems. Ditto for lower leg complex.

How would TMJ effect the knees? I havent seen that happen but I have seen a few athletes with TMJ cant remember if there were knee or ankle problems though since this was 4 years ago…

TMJ disorder can affect posture, (see Class 2 or 3 for postural sway)

this can cause an excessive load on knees or ankles (and other structures).

Specific TMJ/muscle test or technologies, can help you to identify this (and others) kind of problem.

[QUOTE=Johnjo101;245126]How useful do ye think prolotherapy can be for treatment of patellar tendonitis? Anyone have any experience (positive/negative) with this treatment in general?
John, I’ve been battling PT since July, it’s the worst injury I’ve ever had, I am running again but have to be careful, I don’t know much about prolo but have learned a lot. First of all, have you had an MRI or complete Sonogram? If not, please do so, I hesitated and lost valuable time. Secondly, light leg extensions and quarter squats plus adducter exercises have helped. Get on a stationary bike, it helps the patella track properly, thirdly, ice, ice, ice after any running. Be careful with speed don’t rush back into it like me, bad mistake. And either procure a knee brace OR learn to tape the patella, there are examples on YouTube, personally, I prefer taping. If you go to a physical therapist, make sure the individual likes runners, I got one who made fun, I left in a hurry, :slight_smile: Also, the other thing that has really helped, is find a sports message therapist, they can do wonders, you may also want to consider orthotics. I know this is not about prolo but this condition is nothing to play with, I may never be able to sprint like I want to so I am training for the 800, that’s because I’m stubborn and thought I could run through it, NOT! Hope this helped. :slight_smile: