Pink salt

I’ve been using pink salt now for just over 1yr.

It helps rehydrate the muscles, by getting water into the cells, due to osmosis.

Too much refined salt creates a system where the outside of the cells holds more water than inside the cells.

I typically used to sweat a tonne, about 2L hr. Sadly, I used to drink 2L and 1.5L would go straight through me.

I find I now sweat perhaps half the volume, and rehydrate very fast.

No longer get bloating feeling.

Love pink salt.

Bold-
Not trying to be a wise-ass, but does Pink Salt differ chemically from regular table salt? Have there been any studies out there on it? I’m also curious because my wife starting cooking with it about 6 months ago…

A fair Q. and something i have been meaning to expand upon here.

Here is an article from a Naturapath mate (who is a solid Cyclist at age 37 now) - Attached is the photo the article talks about

Today we take a look at the first of the 3 White Poisons – Being. . .

1. White Salt

2. The Consequences of Consuming Refined Table Salt

The result of consuming common table salt is the formation of an overly acidic body with an excess of fluid in the body tissue. For those women out there, it is also one of the possible causes of cellulite. (1) That’s why doctors tell us to avoid salt in our diet.
Does this sound familiar to you? Arthritis, gout, kidney and gall bladder stones?
Want to know why you suffer from these . . . ?

For every 1 gram of sodium chloride (plain table salt) that cannot be eliminated, the body uses 23 times the amount of its own cell water to neutralise the salt.

If the sodium chloride is still too high, re-crystallisation of the table salt occurs as the body uses available non-degradable animal proteins (as those found in processed milk), which also have no value and cannot be broken down and eliminated. (2)

The body uses these proteins to produce uric acid in order to get rid of the excess salt. So the body can’t dispose of uric acid; it binds itself with the sodium chloride to form new crystals that are deposited directly in the bones and joints.

This is the cause of different kinds of rheumatism such as arthritis, gout, and kidney and gall bladder stones.

This re-crystallisation is the body’s band-aid solution for the cells and organs in order to protect the body from the irreparable damage of irresponsible food intake. But in the long run, it poisons the system because those substances cannot be disposed of.

We must be aware that the numbers of diseases associated with refined salt’s daily use are increasing rapidly. Many of us believe that life is not possible without salt.

But our consumption of salt could be KILLING US. Because our regular table salt no longer has anything in common with the original crystal salt.

Salt nowadays is mainly sodium chloride and not salt.

While our body only requires the minute amount of 0.2 gram of salt per day, most of us suffer from a lack of salt, even though we’re over-saturated with sodium chloride. When our consumption of salt is less than 0.2 gram per day, salt cravings kick in. However, our body is only able to excrete 4.8 grams to 7 grams a day through our kidneys, depending on our age, constitution and sex.

The body recognises table salt as an aggressive cellular poison, an unnatural substance, and wants to eliminate it as quickly as possible in order to protect itself.

This causes a constant overburden on our organs of excretion. In almost, every preserved product, salt is used as part of the preservation process. So, by adding salt to the already salted food, the body receives more salt than it can get rid of.

What do these Microscopic Views of Salt Crystals Tell Us?

The result of this research proves how well developed and vital the crystal of Himalayan Salt is. It actually has life generating power for our body and our nervous system. The photo at left is the Himalayan Salt at 50x magnification.

The regular table salt shows no vibrant crystalline structure but exclusively dead crystals. As a food, it’s absolutely useless, if not a destructive poison. This is why doctors tell us to use less salt in our diets. The photo at the Centre, is normal table salt (sodium chloride) at 50x magnification.

Sea salt falls between the two. It displays crystalline structure; however, the crystals are isolated from their important, vital elements. Therefore, an ional-colloidal assimilation of the elements cannot be guaranteed. The photo at right, at 50x magnification

In Summary:
The balanced crystalline structure of Himalayan Salt reveals a crystal full of life. When taken as food, it will have a vital energetic effect on the body. The result is only a net gain for the body with zero energy loss.

The unnatural crystals are totally isolated from each other and dead. In order for the body to try to metabolise these crystals, it must sacrifice tremendous amounts of energy with very little results, resulting in a damaging loss and zero gain. Hence the importance when you next buy salt, ensure it is Ayurvedic Rock Salt on your next order.

Leave the table salt alone and try Ayurvedic Rock Salt instead.

salt.jpg

And this site 1st got me into Pink Salt and thinking more about the bodies nutrition

http://blog.garymoller.com/2012/01/gary-sweating-like-crazy-while-cycling.html

Taste? I don’t salt up often with white salt as is.

I guess, it’s like water vs cordial
You know the cordial is majority water, but it’s different

Out of maybe 50 + people, one didn’t like it.

In a similarily related question, is the sodium contained in each individual egg(that come from chickens) of the refined insidious nature?.. how does it get in there?( is it derived from that which the farmer feeds the chickens?)

Perhaps??
My wife gets eggs from a client who has full free range chickens.
The eggs are at least 50% bigger than shop eggs, and the colour is different.

What the chickens eat makes a big difference to the eggs.

On a related note, there seems to be fertility clinics everywhere of late.
If the chicken egg is effected to a massive deal by its food, one would assume the same for other species (such as humans)

Just a quick sidenote, but I believe in the Recovery and Regeneration chapter of CFTS (the section written by Waldemar) he mentions that sodium chloride causes tightness and should be avoided, and sea salts are a good substitute.

I asked a similar question to Victor Conte of ZMA fame, and he recommends an athlete hydrate with 2x500ml containers of water with Celtic sea salt to reduce the chance of cramps / tightness.

I can say from my athlete’s experience that Bold is correct. Too much sodium-packed refined and / or restaurant food and my athlete is tight! He now tries to avoid table salt especially close to competition.

I have been using pink salt for a short time now after being urged to try it by my brothers wife who is a holistic nutritionist. It will be interesting to see what the long term results are.

Bold, your posts on holistic aspects of nutrition are really interesting. I hope you keep them coming, they are very thought provoking!