problem with week training template layout

Charlie and other sprint experts,

As a rather inexperienced coach I benefited a lot from the discussions on this forum and in particular the recently released ebook. The concepts of CNS recovery and tempowork are clear to me although I found difficulties in applying them to practice. In my place we have only access to the track at thuesday, thursday and saterday. Recently the free help of a very knowledgable strength coach was offered to some of my athletes on wednesday. This opportunity gives me some problems with the weekly training template.

Based on the aspects mentioned above I made the following template:

Monday:
Sprint drills
Tempo runs
Medball
Strength upper body

Thuesday:
Sprint drills
Starts and accellerations (20-70m)
Medball
Plyo´s

Wednesday:
Sprint drills
Tempo runs
Strenght with strenght coach

Thursday:
Sprint drills
Medball
Plyo´s
Special endurance (200-350m)

Friday:
Tempo runs

Saturday:
Sprint drills
Medballs
Plyo´s
Sprint endurance (80-150m)
Strenght

Please could you comment on the template? Thank you in advance.

This should be fine at least in the early stages, as the strength coach is very likely to begin with technical issues using lighter weights anyway.

Thanks Charlie. But does your answer also implicate that this can´t be maintained during the SPP en pre-competition phase? How should I solve this without abandoning the strenght session on wednesday and aiming at three high intensity speed days? Or is this just not possible? Thanks again for your answer.

The answer is- I don’t know how it will work out in the long run, but you have a chance to see through a graduated escalation of intensity. As long as Speed and Special Endurance qualities advance, you’re OK. If they plateau, you’ll have to address the issue at that time.

Ok Charlie. We will maintain this until a plateau appears. Then we probably have to diminish the training aspect (strength or special endurance) which will be highest developed at that time. Thanks for your reply.