Powell goes out in 9.90 during 100m heats, Bolt 10.19

KINGSTON, Jamaica, June 28 AP - World record-holder Usain Bolt beat former record-holder Asafa Powell in the 100-metre final at Jamaica’s Olympic trials today, finishing in 9.85 seconds.
Powell was second in 9.97 as both qualified for August’s Beijing Olympics.
We are good friends and that's why I have been telling everyone that it won't be a clash here,'' Bolt said. We just came to qualify for the Olympics, but in the end, I guess the crowd was a little disappointed with this.’’
Last month in New York, Bolt ran a 9.72 to break Powell’s world record of 9.74.
I just went out there to execute the first 50 and, in the end, I am very pleased with my performance,'' Powell said. The aim was to make the team and, I did that, so I am OK. … I’m just coming off an injury, so I did what I had to do.
Kerron Stewart won the women’s 100 in 10.80, the second-fastest time by a Jamaican woman ever. Shelly-Ann Fraser was second in 10.85, Sherone Simpson followed in 10.87 and world champion Veronica Campbell-Brown was fourth in 10.87.
``My aim first was to make the team. It wasn’t about the time, but I am very pleased with 10.80 seconds,’’ Stewart said.

Yea I heard that but I dont know how, unless they gonna ask one of the others to give up a spot.

The rules for JAM trials is first 2 in the final + 1 other will make the team. Choice of Campbell, world champion last year and twice 10.88 this year, makes sense.

I would put on the team also. Just like Darren campbell should be on the trini team.

I can only assume you mean Darrell Brown.

Who do they leave out then? Fraser? Simpson has more pedigree than her I think, so I would be inclined to leave Simpson in.

Yea I ment d brown