Post workout recovery

What is recovery?

What are we talking about? Recover what(besides replenishing/recovering glycogen stores, lost water/minerals/vitamins/aminos/fats)?

Charlie advocated massage as being best recovery method. What does massage do, how does it work?

It works by helping to remove metabolic waste products that the liver was not able to process/detox and sent them(the waste) into tissues(muscles, tendons, nervous system etc.)?

Can foam rolling replace massage done by a therapist?

Charlie also advocated salt bath soaks… how much sea salt in an average tub and how hot should the water be and for how long should one stay in the tub and how often(maybe after each intense workout on monday, wednesday and friday?)?

No, foam rolling can’t replace manual therapy. Foam rolling can be part of a maintenance program.

What is recovery?

Good question Isaiah. Do you know much about recovery? What is your sport?

What are we talking about? Recover what(besides replenishing/recovering glycogen stores, lost water/minerals/vitamins/aminos/fats)?

What is the best way in your opinion to replenish glycogen stores? Lost water and minerals?

Charlie advocated massage as being best recovery method. What does massage do, how does it work?

Charlie did advocate massage. I am not sure he would have said it was the best. Did he say that?

It works by helping to remove metabolic waste products that the liver was not able to process/detox and sent them(the waste) into tissues(muscles, tendons, nervous system etc.)?

Interesting nuggets of wisdom. What other stuff does performing massage do?

Can foam rolling replace massage done by a therapist?

Why do I want a therapist to perform foam rolling on me? I love everything about massage except quite often most therapist don’t get it. Geez I miss the CMF massage.Hard to replace that is for sure

Charlie also advocated salt bath soaks… how much sea salt in an average tub and how hot should the water be and for how long should one stay in the tub and how often(maybe after each intense workout on monday, wednesday and friday?)?

I tell people to supersaturate the tub with salts. What do some of your recommendations look like for the guys and woman on the site? Coaches and parents and the elite sprinters looking on the web are always looking for new info on world class sprinting. And everyone knows effective, routine and recovery with method is essential if you wish to max out your abilities on and off the track.