Poll on what supplement companies most of us use?

Thanks Clemson, much appreciated.:slight_smile:

www.active.com/story.cfm?story_id=7081

Just because something is sold over the counter or by mail order and labeled as natural does not mean it is safe to use ā€” and most of all, it could lead to a positive drug test.
Any supplement that includes the following ingredients should be avoided. Lists like these are never complete, so check with appropriate authorities before taking any supplement reported to be a natural muscle-building substance.

Dehydroepiandrostenedione (DHEA)
Androstenedione
Androstendiol
4-Androstenediol
5-Androstenediol
19-Norandrostenedione

Some products that contain ingredients that could trigger a positive test for nandrolone include:

Ingredient: Digydroepiandrostendione (DHEA)
Products: Twinlab 7-Ketofuel, Twinlab Growth Fuel, Twinlab DHEA Fuel, Twinlab Tribulus Fuel stack, Olympian Labs DHEA, Muscle Tech Anotesten

Ingredient: Androstenedione
Products: Champion Androstendione, Muscle Tech Anotesten, Muscle Tech Nortestin, Cytodyne Androdyne, Olympian Labs Androstene Power, Twinlab 7-Ketofuel

Ingredient: Androstenediol
Products: ASN Maxabol, GEN Cyclodex 4-Adiol, Muscle Tech Acetabol ANII, Muscle Tech Anotesten, Cytodyne Tech Androdyne

:o

What do Forum members think of Twinlabs ZMA?

I have found it to be fine compared with the others. Here is a link to the forum thread discussing ZMA.

http://www.charliefrancis.com/board/philboard_read.asp?id=208

but my wise old grandma always told me never to buy supplements off companies that produce pro-hormonesā€¦

I use Twinlab ZMA with good results.

But, I am not a pro-athlete, so I do not get drug tested.

Iā€™ve decided to return to the supplement fold as Iā€™m a growing bit tired of the side affects of milk ( as are my housemates )
Iā€™m not likely to get tested either - but I wondered what any UK athletes who do get tested would recommend .
The EAS whey protein is very cheap - is it any good ?
Or alternatively if Clemson swears by it - is ā€™ Go ā€™ easily available in the uk ?

ISS - Whey Power
Biotest - T2 (old formula)
Promatrix - Insulan, MD6, Vanadyl 15

Optimum Nutrition Whey
Cytomax
Supplement Direct Glutamine
Supplement Direct creatine
Biotest ZMA
USANA Essential vitamins(best around)
USANA CoQ 30
Usana Proflavanol
USANA C
USANA E
USANA Procosamine
Beverly Int. BCAAā€™s

ideal

you wouldnt happen to be rep for usana would you?

I personally use Beverly International, Optimum, and Champion products for the most part. Have tried and like Biotest, as well. I swear, I love the taste of Metabolol (Champion Nut), but think itā€™s just b/c Iā€™ve used it since - ?'87 - about when it first came out. I have a couple of decent HS athletes who are ā€œsupplement resistantā€ - so I just try to get them to drink chocolate milk w/in an hr. after workouts.

Yes I got involved with USANA about a year ago. I used their products in 1997 but back then their Essentials (vitamins)were$77/month. I have tried about every supplement company on the market and they were the most impressive results I have gotten. On that, I decided to use them in my athletic preparation business. My clients say they love the reduced recuperation time and increased immune response. Until I find a product that is better, I will be a USANA user.

I have been involved with USANA since early 2001-

I have been involved with the nutritional industry (retail sales) since 1993-

Iā€™ve seen the good, the bad, and the ugly of the sports nutrition world.

All the athletes that I have had use the USANA Essentials speak highly of the bioavailability of the products-

They have deeper sleep (with in days of using the product) and increased recovery.

I have yet to find a multi-vitamin have the immediate effects as with the Essentials.

Twinlab- ZMA
Twinlab-Tribulus
GNC-Mega Men
Prolab- Whey
Maximuscle-Ribomax (Post training/match)
Twinlab- Creatine
Quest-Iron
Lifespan-Fish Oils

gareth:

what has your experience been with ribose? ive played with it in the past but havent used it for awhile and was thinking of firing it up again as football season gets closer.

anyone else tried or currently using it?

SNAC Products are covering all needs of an athlete.You donā€™t need anything else, except if you want to spend $ā€¦

ZMA - SNAC
PRECISION PROTEIN- EAS
CREATINE EAS XT
VITAMINE USANA
L GLUTAMINE KAIZEN
FLAX OIL

ALWAYS LIKE THE ZONE BARS, STRAWBERRY YOGURT

FOR THE USANA, DO YOU GUYS ACTUALLY TAKE 3 OF EACH A DAY?

from what i have gathered on this forum, i should be using a twinlab version of creatine.
even with twinlab there is so much to choose fromā€¦
should i use a stack (with glutamine/taurine), just creatine monohydrate 5 grams daily or what?

i am going to use creatine during my max strength phase so i can recover efficiently and increase needed volume.
i will be using it for about 11-12 weeks.

thanks
much appreciated

use C-10 creatineā€¦twinlab just filed chapter 11ā€¦

i did i quick search through the forum and google and found nothing on this type of creatineā€¦

where can i get C-10? is it liquid, tablet, powderā€¦?

where did that large creatine thread go anyways?

thanks