Plyo Volume and Rest

so in other words, if one is already a good jumper, its not really worth concentrating too much on plyos because doing high intensity plyos would interfere with the sprinting

The greater the athlete’s output levels, regarding CNS intensive activities, the more stressful those forms of training become for the organism to endure.

Thus, the higher the level the speed-power athlete, the less volume (breadth) of CNS intensive work they necessitate due to the ever increasing height of their outputs; and the greater the need for highly strategic planning and recovery/regenerative efforts.

makes sense to me! i find it strange that book stefanie quoted reccommends higher volumes for better jumpers when considering mr smith’s post…

thanks for everyones responses

I see it like this… Like how it took Ben Johnson 5 years to do a session of 30x60s (6x5x60s, if i’m not mistaken, but something like that). We all know sprinting is like a plyometric, and Ben definitely was putting in more intensity AND volume by the 5th year.
I know the above is considered special/speed endurance, but perhaps this brings up the question of plyos being used as strength endurance, in the similar sense of Charlie’s 120m running A skips in the 400m template.

If I turned all this into one big mess, feel free to attack :o