plyo explanations

Have you read the book on batting by Ted Williams called “the science of hitting”. I havn’t read it but i read about it in aother book. It might be worth checking out.

As for your knowledge of not preventing the athletes from progressing. Well baseball practice comes first but develop them as an athlete as well. Other “sports specific” people will tell you other stuff like do lots of plyos, lots of weighted batting, only work on power etc but always think of Barry because it throws up questions that are important. A full understanding of conditioning includes going beyound what is “known” because it is not the methods you employ that are important so much as how they all fit together across the athletes life time. There is too much of a good thing!

topcat,yes I read it 43 times growing up as a hitter,it was the best out there,but it took many years later for it to make sense fortunately,great hitters evolve through trial and error,all hitters learn to hit on their own through trial and error[tons of practice]so they can fail and adjust ,succeed and adapt and so on.Great coaches are there to shorten this trial and error period but no coach can think he can teach, show,explain,demonstrate hitting and the student just becomes great,it is all hard work.