Paris 2009 golden league on live

Shit yeah my bad. Meant 3 sub 10, 2 PR.

Was the wind really 2 meters? I was stealing glances with my boss in the room, I thought it was 0.2. Weather was terrible

Start looked quite ho-hum.
So how is anyone ever going to beat this guy? If a poor start into a headwind and in the rain still gets him below 9.80, what can anyone else do?

I love that super high-speed camera

You are correct -0.2…

Stylee, it looked on the wind meter like .2 but they said into a 2 meter wind, they had been saying it was breezy, he’s incredible, on a wet track yet, yikes!:confused:

I agree, think it was a 0.2 headwind Stylee

It was -0.2. Gay ran 9.77 with +0.4, so unless Bolt sorts out his start I think Gay may be able to challenge him.

not the same conditionthis was cold and remember rain

Robin, you’re right on with the wind, just got a hold of an official who was there via e-mail, wind was -0.2, the announcers screwed up, still impressive, and I’m not quite sure I agree that Gay can beat him, it will be interesting, Bolt’s reaction time was .174, the 2nd slowest in the field.

0.17 is a decent reaction time for Bolt. He hardly ever reacts faster than that. At the moment, Gay would probably be ahead of Bolt at 70 or 80m, and Bolt isn’t used to that. I’m not saying that Gay will beat him, but he should certainly be able to push Bolt all the way to the line.

Bolt’s start has been quite bad this season, probably as a result of the long to short approach he seems to have followed. His top speed and SE is certainly in place, and if he can get his first 30m back to where it was last year, the world record should definitely fall.

i dunno gay has raced less this year and got faster times, bolt this time last year was already much faster with less races also, im gonna place my money on gay, there i said it lol

Meeting Areva Paris Saint-Denis (FRA) - Friday, Jul 17, 2009
100 Metres - M

Official Results - Men - 100 Metres - Wind : -0.2 m/s Pos Athlete Nat Mark Pts
1 Usain Bolt JAM 9.79 20
2 Daniel Bailey ANT 9.91 16
3 Yohan Blake JAM 9.93 14
4 Richard Thompson TRI 10.04 12
5 Ivory Williams USA 10.07 10
6 Simeon Williamson GBR 10.14 8
7 Churandy Martina AHO 10.17 6
8 Kim Collins SKN 10.22 4
9 Martial Mbandjock FRA 10.30

Rank Athlete Nation Result Reaction time
1 GAY, Tyson USA WL,NR,MR 9.77 0.171
2 POWELL, Asafa JAM SB 9.88 0.151
3 BLAKE, Yohan JAM PB 9.96 0.223
4 BAILEY, Daniel ANT PB 9.97 0.148
5 MULLING, Steve JAM PB 10.01 0.163
6 RODGERS, Michael USA 10.03 0.153
7 THOMPSON, Richard TRI 10.05 0.158
8 FRATER, Michael JAM 10.09 0.151
9 PADGETT, Travis USA 10.17 0.172

Guys, compere these two results… And you can see a lot… :slight_smile:

Guys, compere these two results… And you can see a lot… :slight_smile:

Had Gay run in Paris, as it seems, and under identical physical and weather conditions I think he would have run 9.72-9.73. I am not saying that it would have been enough to beat Bolt but that he is capable of running that fast. Check out Blake and Bailey’s improvement in Paris.

I think Blake and Bailey are moving up in performance as all three pulled away substantially at the end. bolt is clearly not starting like before yet as PJ’s initial analysis has him .08 to .09 off his best to 60m in this race. Perhaps he can give us further info on this.

Charlie or anybody else; could it also be that the 5 other sprinters are decelerating at a faster rate to give the illusion that bolt and others are pulling away?

That’s almost always why it appears that way at the end of a sprint. Whomever decelerates the least appears to have the highest top speed.

I’ve been quite fortunate to have had some of that work done on me by Bolt’s ART man. The movements you saw on TV work on releasing the hip flexor and pelvis area. He works on all the guys in the group and travels with them for all their meets.

Is he consistently doing straight leg hamstring stretches pre-racing?

Cool. Pretty sure what they showed on TV was AIS though, no?

The two athletes (Blake and Thompson) who ran in both races were both faster in Paris, so I don’t think you can argue that conditions were substantially worse there.

So far Gay’s wind-assisted and wind-legal SB are both 0.02s faster than Bolt’s, so if they were to race right now I think it would be a tight one.

i get the feeling sometimes when watching this camp thay they maybe react to other runners movements rather than reflex to the gun, off the blocks speaking about. Maybe something as if they wanna always come from behind and win. Moreso with bolt and blake but bailey does it too sometime. I felt like gay used to do this in 06 as well, rome 10.0X off bad start 2nd behind powell. Maybe gay didn’t start working on reflex, rather than reaction to gun, until 07 when he was 9.8 after rounds into headwinds. Maybe bolt is gonna just react off other runners until he retires, seems like he always wanna leave some remainder on his times. Brussels08 seemed a wicked charred meal for lightning. The recent Rome09 with blake late reaction was a nice coup for blake in the sense that he now run with some remainder to be argued over.

So now, from these your personal email with pj, he says he now coming through 60 split at high 6.4X and running high 9.7X. I suspected this from last years brussels08 9.77 won. This may mean that his training almost always his final 40m digits(3.3X) in place around may, with the reaction to reflex work coming in closer to the major champ(then we see the sick 30m split, sicker 60m split, the sickening 80m split, then sickest 100m split(some remainder thoughts left somehow though)