Palmtag's Kick

1/23/06
Week-7 Monday
Workout: 3x5 bench, 3x6 squat, 15x1 C/J, 4-5 hour break, 10 min jog, agilities, 8x30m, 5 miles hard.

I had to run errands during the early afternoon, so I postponed my run until later in the day… Only problem being, that it was dark when I was still 2 miles out from my run. In anticipation of that darkness I booked BOOKED it home. I had to focus on the trail to keep from twisting my ankles, and the best way to do that is to run HARD. I did too, I had to chill a bit on the serious downhills, or I’d roll and die. Fun run, though.

Workout Meterage
Weekly Meterage

1/24/06
Week-7 Tuesday (Seven weeks already? jeese. track season hasn’t even started yet!)
Workout: 6 miles easy

Nice easy run with Ivan. We remanisced about or carriers and our motivation. A good “guy” talk. Can’t do that in sprinting so much :stuck_out_tongue:

Workout Meterage
Weekly Meterage

“Can’t do that in sprinting so much”

Of course you can! What do you think we do for the 3-5 minutes between each short run? Just sit there in silence? Distance runners :rolleyes:

Tee-hee shoulda figured as much. See in DISTANCE RUNNING you’re usually lying on the ground panting for breath praying to god that those three minutes will turn out to be 4-5 minutes and you won’t have to get on the track and run another godanmed 400m repeat at 63 seconds.

Oh yah, and my epeen is bigger than yours. (Whatever the hell an Epeen is…)

1/25/06
Week-7 Wednesday
Workout: 10 min warmup, agilities, 1x600m+200m@RP, 10 min cooldown, stretches

Good time trial today, I went out and felt very steady the first 300m, REAL steady. I was in a low gear and going well. Then, the last 300m I was pushing myself pretty good. I was exagerating my hand motion on the back straightaway. The 200, I started out very hard, but the last 25 meters I reigned back a bit and let Ivan take if from me. I felt like giving it to him, more than I felt like racing him. Regardless, the last 200m hurt BAD!

400m@58
600m@1:29.2h
200m@28.1h

With a healthy progression, I’ll be able to pound out a 1:57-1:58 at Simplot. :smiley: Which is the entire reason I ran this early season time trial.

Workout Meterage
Weekly Meterage

1/26/06
Week-7 Thursday
Workout: AM! I ran 6 miles on the road this morning.

Lots of fun. I woke up an hour and a half early so I’d have time to go for my run, etc. DeMolay meeting tonight, so I didn’t have any time for a workout in the afternoon. No big deal.

Workout Meterage

Dear Dad Land,

The Order of DeMolay was not what I expected it to be, and I am a better man because of it. I was never given any descriptions of DeMolay. My father, a four time PMC of the now closed Watsonville Chapter, never told me about what his experiences as a DeMolay were like and though immediately after I joined I felt slighted that he had never introduced the great abstraction that is DeMolay to me –all the fun I’ve had these past seven or so months as a DeMolay are something that I never felt should be withheld from any kid- I realize now that it is better that I did not have someone else’s preconceived notions of the International Order of DeMolay cluttering my mind. Rather, I was able to establish my own ideas and opinions of what DeMolay is, was, and can be on my own. I plowed through the Leadership Resource Guide, completed some of the online correspondence courses and read through a simplified version of Robert’s Rules of Order, the Life and Times of Jacques DeMolay, and even your story, Dad Land. I researched DeMolay studiously to the point where I had a clear understanding of what DeMolay was. I’d memorized the seven precepts, and was familiar with the officers of the chapter. I knew how a business agenda was supposed to look, and some ways to make a business meeting fun. I read the resource guide’s chapters on community service, entertainment, fundraising, and responsibility, and don’t forget the thick chapter on awards. Before I’d met more than a dozen DeMolay I knew more about the organization of the Order than many I’ve met to this day. I knew what DeMolay was.

I was wrong.

I understood DeMolay as a set of rules, precepts, ritual books, cool capes, activities, officers, chapters, divisions, jurisdictions, and awards. Before I’d joined the Order, I thought of myself as a pretty darn good member.

For Completion and submission on/by Sunday. Shoot me if I forget!!

1/27/06
Week-7 Friday
Workout: 1x3, 2x5 bench; 3x10 squat, 1x8 clean, 3x5 pulldowns

Good weight workout today. Didn’t have time for a run, so as usual it’s gettin’ bumped to saturday morning. shudder I hate waking up early for this stuff. I also seem to have a bone spurr on the interior knuckle (The one on the palm of my hand) of my left middle finger. It’s very tiny and almost unnoticible… except during the catch in the clean/jerk. I need w/lifting gloves sigh.

Workout Meterage
Weekly Meterage

1/28/06
Week-7 Saturday
Workout: 1:30

I had hard time getting out of bed. I kind of got up onto my knees with my head still touching the pillow and the blanket on my back. I fell asleep for about 10-11 minutes with my danm glutes gettin’ hyperextended. I farted very… VERY hard after that. But I managed to go for a morning run. I’m very glad I got a Nike running jacket and gloves. It removes the “it’s cold” excuse. I enjoy running in cold weather now more than warm, because I get to use my awesome coat. :smiley: :smiley:

Afterwards I went to the NorCal DeMolay bowling tournament in Dublin. I bowled pretty horribly. 111-109-119. More open frames than I’ve had in my entire lizzife.

Workout Meterage
Weekly Meterage

What kind of temperature is cold weather in Cali?

30-45 degrees.

Re-edited, thanks Rupert for letting me post my homework on your website :stuck_out_tongue:

1/29/06
Week-7 Sunday
Workout: I had a good core workout :cool:

Workout Meterage
Weekly Meterage

1/30/06
Week-8 Monday
Workout: 6x:30 pushups, 8x1:00 abs, 8x1:00 bridges, 7:51 leg bridge ( 3 mile warmup, 5x800m hill climbs, 1.5 mile cooldown

I got third in the bridge contest, as today is the last day of “core club”. I was getting delirious and clapping my hands together hard so I could feel a differnt kind of pain than the intense ache in my legs/but/back. Ouch!

The runs were very intense. The first two hill climbs were fairly easy, but the last 3 were hard. Especially the last one, I went “all out” as it were and I don’t feel drained right now, but I sat down after I got to the top of the hill. Practice starts on Wednesday. :smiley:

Workout Meterage
Weekly Meterage

1/31/06
Week-8 Tuesday
Workout: 9 mile progression 3mi segments
23:XX
20:XX
18:XX

Very fun workout. It always feels like you can’t possibly go any faster, and yet you can. I stopped for about a minute inbetween each segment so my legs wouldn’t remember my previous rhythm. I have a barbeque on sunday, anyone want to go? I think the least distance anyone would have to travel is WRCortese and that’s about 120-130 miles… :stuck_out_tongue:

Workout Meterage
Weekly Meterage

120-130 miles aint so bad, but I have to work Sunday, Palmtag. Eat a burger for me!

2/1/06
Week-8 Wednesday
Workout: 8 Miles easy/medium, 8x X-men (80 pushups 240 crunches 80 bw ATG squats)

Good run today. Ivan felt like running very hard today. Why? I don’t know, but I just kind of chilled the whole time. Everyone who tried to keep up with im died. I didn’t push myself and so I just passed them all. Near the end my right arch got a bit sore, as it has the past 2 days.

Workout Meterage
Weekly Meterage

2/2/06
Week-8 Thursday
Workout: 1 mile, agilities, 1x1600 3:00R, 3x800 3:00R, 1 mile, 9xX-men

Good vO2 max workout today. The mile was at about 5:50, which felt a bit tough. Not that surprising considering that I’ve been running hard for the past three days. The 800’s were fairly easy and I hit them all in 2:47, 2:48, 2:46, all at an “easy” tempo pace. It was fun to run, felt a lot like cross country.

The main issue on my plate, though, is attempting to find out WHEN I’m doing my weight training. The distance camp does not go in the weight room, and neither does the rest of our team. Monday morning is going to be my first day, and then I don’t know when I’ll be doing the next set of lifts. Probly tue-thursday, as I don’t want to lift fri-sun b/c of meets. shrug Oh well! More bodyweight work for me!

Workout Meterage
Weekly Meterage

2/3/06
Week-8 Friday
Workout: 80xpushups, 400m jog, stretches, 10 min run, agilities, 3x200mRP, 16x200m+200jog, 3 miles

Good workout today, kind of. I was “schedualed” to run 8x200 at ~29. I ran three before I started to tighten up threateningly. I explained to my coach that this weak had been pretty intense considering that my volume and XC pace intensity had picked it up. After the third 200 my legs felt SHOT! I had no go-juice. So I left Ivan continue the repeats and joined the distance runners not planning to go to idaho in their 200m, cruisers. 200m at 2 mile pace, then 200m at a bit slower than long run pace. Amazingly I felt GREAT doing these, and I ran the pants off of the pure distance runners. I consistently hit ~35 seconds EVERY single 200 for 4 miles worth of running. That pace would’ve put me at about a 9:20-25 2-mile. :stuck_out_tongue: Go me… Monday I’ve got another interval workout that’s going to be pretty fun.

Workout Meterage
Weekly Meterage

2/6/06
Week-9 Monday
Workout: 10 min, agilities, short static stretches, 3x300, 3x200, 3x100, 20 min run.

Gorsh I did my first 300 WAY to hard! OUch! I felt good, but I got to the end of teh danmed thing and realized i wouldn’t be able to duplicate that kind of speed, or I shouldn’t try. So I cruised the next one, then pounded the last one. (Each interval was supposed to get slightly faster, but the paces were supposed to stay the same: 16-14 seconds per 100m) The whole workout hurt and I saw elvis numerous times. (Stupid “Images of Elvis” docu-drama on TLC.) The recoveries were copious 3-5 minutes, and I used them to my full advantage, stretching and shake-messaging a lot. If I hadn’t of done that stuff to stay limber, I’m SURE I would’ve cramped horribly and died on the track from a hamstring-induced-cardiac-arrest.

Workout Meterage
Weekly Meterage

2/7/06
Week-9 Tuesday
Workout: 10 min warmup, agilities, 2mi tempo, 6 mi easy, stretches
20 pushups 30 situps
1+1+1
1+2+2+1 20/30
1+2+3+2
1+2+2+1 20/30
1+1+1
20/30
Tempo was easy at 5k pace. It loosened me up very well. The run was also nice. It’s odd how long slow runs tend to relax my muscles. I felt real powerful too. The whole workout, I felt like i could just bust out and sprint my pants off… or something. I had to hold back during a lot of the run.

After the workout, I went and served at a Masonic dinner. Man! That was tiring. Little old ladies like their coffee…I got home about 10:00 and did homework until I went to sleep at 11:00. Which is an amazingly early time for me to go to sleep. I actually woke up at 7:00 this morning! Didn’t have to use my alarm er nuffin. Such a refreshing feeling, getting a good night’s sleep.

Workout Meterage
Weekly Meterage