Optimal Sprint Spikes

i know mort like waffles for training also, but i have always used regular trainers bc i thought they were better since they offer more support etc. if you were doing an int tempo program would you still use waffles?

My foot issues were never troubled by wearing lighter shoes, so I think so. I actually had more problems when I wore more supportive shoes (I had the Nike Zoom Haywards as my last supportive type shoe).

you should have gotten these. :cool:

http://www.eastbay.com/catalog/productdetail/module--productDetail/action--view/sku--16181001/model_nbr--75138/supercat--home/id--0/mvp--/cm--Cross+Sell/

You guys think I can get my hands on some of the kickass Mizuno and Asics spikes in China?
like the ones on this page:
http://www.rakuten.co.jp/tf-tsubaki/563782/

Possibly.

Save a couple hundred dollars though and get a consult with Charlie, Pfaff, or some other coach. Or get some therapy work done. It will have a much greater impact than a pair of overpriced spikes.

what is the optimal long of the spike? 0.3 or 0.6 or 0.9?

1/4th inch spikes work for everything except cross country.

Has anyone worn both Nike and Mizuno spikes and can tell me how well the sizes correspond between them? I currently use Nike Zoom Rivals and want to order Mizuno Tokyo 2 online (i.e. without being able to try them on). I’ve never worn a Mizuno shoe, however, and am thus unsure about which size to order.

Thanks for your help!

From what I can tell they’re pretty damn close. I have Mizuno Tokyo (gray&black)at size 9.5 and they are a bit too small. I have an older version of Nike Rival S (light red?&gray) size 10.0 and they fit perfectly.

For me, with Mizuno Geo Spark 3s, they were 1/2 a size smaller than the 2 pairs of Nike’s I previously wore.

Thanks, I really should get a lot faster and stronger before I start focusing on which are the coolest spikes. Besides, I probably would outgrow them too soon. Thanks for the advice.

Yep…I agree…Looking cool coming last isn’t really cool!:smiley:

I’ve worn both Mizuno and Nike Spikes and the Mizuno ones come up a little smaller than Nike.

So if you wear 8/8.5 in Nike u need a 9 in Mizuno…Thats what I found whilst wearing the SS’s and TT’s.

Thanks to everyone who answered my question. My Nike spikes are size 9 and quite tight, so I ordered the Mizunos in 9.5. Let’s hope that will work.

Most of the better Pro runners, used 18mm spikes on grass. 7mm spikes are never first choice on grass. 12mm are the minimum.

was he asking about racing on grass?

follow up question, how many people on this site race on grass?

everyone appricates the info, but it is a bit inane.

Does anyone have a clue where I could purchase Mizuno Chrono INX sprint spikes? It seems they are hard to find outside Japan. I already sent some mail to Japanese stores but haven’t got answer yet. I guess they are not shipping to Europe.

I’ve been using Superfly G5’s (and R2’s recently) for some time now. I’m quite happy with these spikes, but I’d like to try something else. I’ve heard so much positive feedback about Chrono INX spikes, I would like to see if they are worth it!

They are not on the list to come to aust next year, only the Tokyo 6 is listed for elite sprint spikes.

I got all my Japanese spikes from a friend who travelled there often. :smiley:

I wish I had a Japan-visiting friend as well. :slight_smile:

As long as they are selling these spikes somewhere, there must be a way to get them. If here at the discussion board happens to be any Japanese members, please contact me ASAP. :smiley:

Japanese spike lovers! The Mizuno Tokyo 6 is only 100 dollars compared to most $200+ japanese spikes. This website has the most views of the spike:
http://www.onlineshoes.com/mens-mizuno-tokyo-6-white-tango-red-black-p_id169337?adtrack=froogle&term=Men's+Mizuno+Tokyo�+6&offer=&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=207287m