Oni's 05/06 Training

Hey guys, i finally decided that it’s about time i get my butt off the couch and do something since summer vacation is approaching too, just 3 more weeks :eek: . Meanwhile, during this 3 weeks, I will do some … what should i say … pre-gpp workouts :slight_smile: Just to shake my rust off, anyway after 3 weeks of this, I will do a test before i finally begin. I won’t be running during this “pre-gpp phase” though, since i dont have a running shoe yet :rolleyes: . Anyways, here are my max from about 5 months ago, which was the last time i lifted weights, and my PR of this season.

Ht: 5’ 9"
Wt: 155lb

Bench: 195lb
Squat: 255
Deadlift: 275

100m (2003): 12.0
200m (2004): 24.2
400m (2004): 54
Long Jump (2005): 18’ 5"

Supplements I’m currently on:

Whey Protein
BCAA
Multi-Vitamin
Cytomax Recovery Drink
SPIKE (soon)
Power Drive (soon)
ZMA (soon)

Oh dear!
I thought you were training already for your 400 m??
I guess I was wrong… :stuck_out_tongue:

I wish i could, but i couldnt :o track season just ended a couple of weeks ago and i had a lot of school work to catch up to, so i pushed everything to summer :wink:

Ok, school is kinda important, too! :stuck_out_tongue:

Good luck!

Pre-GPP

5/23/05

-Drank some protein shake an hour prior to workout.

Warm up:

-1x10 115lb Bench
Feeling a little heavy there :eek: i hope my 1rm hasnt gone down…

-Hanging in pull-up position static stretch
My favorite stretch :smiley:

Today’s workout

-3x10 135lb bench
Missed the last rep of the 3rd set. Feeling rusty from not benching in a while.

-3x100lb incline bench
-3x Circuit Training ( 6x 65lb Curl, 3 Pull-Ups, 3 min cardio run)

Calves felt tight after the first set, had to stretch it out for a while.
Arm mechanic during the 3rd set of cardio run was bad, due to fatigue from the other arm exercises.

Post-workout:

Protein Drink
2 capsules of BCAA
Cytomax

HOMEWORK!!!

5/23

-Multivitamin during dinner
-Fish Oil/Lecithin
-Will take Zinc before i go to sleep

So far so good, i don’t feel any soreness yet. Hopefully it stays like that,

Pre-GPP

5/24/05

Warm Up:

-1x10 65lb squat
fast and explosive
-1x10 115lb squat
fast and explosive

Work-Out

-3x10 165lb Squat
Fast and easy, i will increase the weight next session.

5x Standing Triple Jump
3x5 Rim Jumps
3x5 Low Depth Jump

-Relatively easy, i might consider increasing the number of plyos i do next session,
-I was suppose to do power clean, but i was too lazy to set it up :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey oni,

Me and you have the exact same ideas. Track season ended a few weeks ago for me and i havent ran at all due to too much schoolwork, and I plan on starting a 2 week “pre-gpp phase” on monday. Then I will move into some real gpp training. I am also training for the 400 like you…

Cool =] good luck to your training. Maybe we can help each other out :cool:

Pre-Gpp

5/25/05

Nothing much today, 20 min cardio run and rest.

LOL, Oni!
I still don’t get this Pre-GPP thing; would GPP^GPP [GPP-squared] be a better way of typing it? :stuck_out_tongue:

Haha it can be in anyway you like it niko :smiley: but dont worry it will be over in…a week. I just have to call what i’m doing right now something :cool:

Pre-GPP

5/26/05

3x10 Bench @ 135lb
3x8 Military Press @ 75lb

and that’s it =] i have lots of hw today :mad:

tomorrow will be my last day of “pre-gpp”, then i’ll do a high intensity session, rest, and test before beginning my 05/06 training :cool:

Pre-gpp

5/27/05

-30 min cycling
-6x Standing Triple Jump
-1x Standing Long Jump
-felt really fatigue so ceased session

*i think the standing triple jump has been helping me. I’ve been doing them for nearly a month and my leg feels really reactive. My single leg vertical jump has even gone up.

I suppose, you could leave the bike work for post-session, if at all of continuous nature -unless this is a means to get you to the track…?

A normal warm-up should allow (all) your jumps to be done with quality.

O i didn’t plan the cycling. I had to bike to my friend’s house to drop off something. But by the time i got home, my quad was filled with lactic already so i didn’t really feel like squating =]

Pre-Test Session

5/30/05

-normal upper body warmup

3x3 Bench Press @ 165lb
-5 min recovery between sets

5x3 Pull-Ups

• I did some ab workout prior to this, the abs burned so badly when i did pull ups

That’s all for today, gosh it’s getting so hot lately. I’m gonna have to shift my track workout towards the morning during the summer.

5/31/05

Session postponed till tomorrow due to track banquet :stuck_out_tongue:

6/1/05

3x3 165lb Bench Press
-5 min recovery
Repped it faster and easier than monday

6xOne-Stepped Triple Jump
-Oops been telling the wrong thing. All this time I’ve been doing this not STJ.
-Distance jumped is improving minimally

4x20m Frog Hop
-Ouchh haven’t done this in a while, the shock from each landing is like BAM.

3x3 Low Depth Jump
-Strange, i should be able to jump higher than my CMJ but i didn’t today, hmm…

Well, just two more sessions till i test.

6/02/05

Workout:

3x3 165lb Bench PRess
-5 min recovery

Can’t do much today, didn’t get home from school till dinner time. Just 1 more week of school and it’s over :smiley:

I was looking at the league champions’ result for this year. I think i have a shot at it. 200m champion ran 22.79, 400m champion ran 49.7, and the long jump champion jumped 21’ 11".