NY: Gay v Bolt

http://atoboldon.sc49.info/letsrap/index.php?board=2.0

couldn’t have said it better myself! The effects of this race will be significant for both Gay and Asafa, who’s on the sidelines wondering WTF is up.
I wonder what Gay was expecting to see from Bolt. I’m guessing that if he really believed the earlier 9.76, he would have avoided this race and waited till he had a few more 100s under his belt.

He ain’t breaking 19.00 this year, I can tell you that. The 200 is no longer his better event.

haha…yeah was kinda a joke…

but damn, is he fast…

i don’t see why it would be a stretch to think the 200m record could go with this speed, size, and previous 200m times. Remember what MJ was running before 1996.

Definitely agree with that. I dont imagine Gay would have run this even if he expected Bolt to run in the 9.8’s.

What do you think Bolt should do now in terms of his race planning. How much should he worry about focusing on the 200?

Not sure what his schedule looks like going forward to the Olympics.

he could break 19!!! well, maybe im getting a little carried away there…

I have called under 19 in the 200 by him 3-4 years ago. People laughed. 9.6+ is just races away :slight_smile:

he now has mj’s 100m best totally killed…so if he can hold for a long time, the wr def, but 19, lol…that would be insane…

First thing IMO would be to cool out for 10 days and then look at a 200 race. When are the Ja Trials?

if asafa gets his ass into gear,think of the relay!

Pretend for a moment Bolt hadn’t decided to run the 100m this year (an entirely feasible thought).

We wouldn’t be talking about Bolt, and we’d be saying, “Wow, Tyson ran an excellent time at this stage of the season, and won by 2 tenths. Powell is in serious trouble for the Olympics.”

However, now we’re all wondering if Bolt can get into the 9.6s with a legal wind, finally overtaking Oba’s wind-aided run. He had very favourable wind, and he’s clearly in great shape. This very well could be his fastest run of the season or his life. Can he train for both the 100m & 200m without giving up any time in the 100m?

cool out for 10 days

It should be a MUST for him now.

omg…there was a false start as well!!!

Forget the 200m. Do you guys think he will go under 9.70? And if yes, when?

I’m not questioning that he has the potential to break the 200m record this year - I’m questioning that he can crack 200m. Anyone want to come up with splits for an 18.99 200m assuming a reaction time of 0.140?

without a doubt…i doubt he got a great start with the false start they had…friend said the last 30 was the most amazing thing hes ever seen

he had 0.157 reaction time…

Gay - 9.85/19.62 = 29.47
Bolt - 9.72/19.75 = 29.47

:eek:

Gay ran 10.05 last week (Adidas Classic), so it didn’t figure his chances against Bolt were very good (now). But I think last week was Gay’s first 100 of the season. I’m actually surprised Gay ran as close as he did. The Olympics are still a way off, and Gay will be ready.

Do you guys think he will go under 9.70? And if yes, when?

Ha ha if he continues improving at this rate in his 6th or 7th prof 100m race :slight_smile:

Hang on until he gets to his 18th :slight_smile:

Asafa will wonder WTF just happen. 8/8/8 can not wait for it (even though Charlie always said - "wait for it’) :slight_smile:

This is great for the 100m event.

I got to be honest (and I don’t mean to be full of myself) but a job well-done by the guy. Now my only question is this, should I download Dr.Mario on the Wii, its sort of like tetris…but you have Mario dressed up in a doctors outfit. Plus online play with rankings. Thats all the guy knows for now?

When are these guys racing again. I wonder what Asafa is thinking.