Number of meets per year?

How many meets should a intermediate sprinter run per year?

How many meets do paid professional sprinters run per year?

If I come up with my own money and I run the times can I run over seas for money or do I haft to be invited?

Run as many as you can.
20 or more
If you can get over seas all you need is someone to get you into a few meets. There are alot of meets out of the country, The US seems to stop track during the summer unless you are in aau. But other countries like Europe crank it up. If you can find someone with a trustworthy agent to get you in some c level races you can work your way up if you are good enough. Become a lane filler. You can see the world and make some cash.

What sort of times are needed to be making money? Sub 10.20?

Normally I don’t point out silly mistakes, and I’m sure it was a slip on your part, not an absence of knowledge, but this is pretty funny.

my mistake…

Good money sub 10.2
just some money 10.5 depending on the meet

how much money are we talking here?
few hundred for 10.5?
couple thousand or bit more for sub 10.2?

Yea, that’s a good question.

Depends on the meet. I can tell you this. Its more than what you getting paid at meets now. With a good agent at 10.5-10.3 guy can make about 12k during the months of june and july.

I’m sure half of that would go towards travel expenses etc…

I currently PAY to compete… entry fees, travel. You got any ideas on what long jump distances would be needed? It seems there is more scope for lane fillers on the track but not in the field events where places are limited (and therefore pay cheques)…

That cant be true! Im a 10.2 guy and I dont earn that from racing the whole season!

In terms of getting paid, your best bet is looking at getting into some EAP meets, who often pay for top 3-6 places, and for good performances, although you might have to pay for your travel. In the UK, there is an EAP meet at Birmingham and Loughboro coming up, which may help you, although from memory I dont think you get paid for Loughborough.

Im a paid professional sprinter, although Im based in Europe so I do less meets than those from the US/Caribbean, as I can travel home between comps, wheras those athletes often have to compete to get accomodation paid for. Up until my major comp of the year, I compete as and when I feel I need it, more or less once a week. After the major comp, I compete whenever I can.

Hope that helps!

Sorry Chris, just realised you might mean 12K USD, I was thinking in GBP.

Yea My partner was about to make the trip. Plane ticket was 1k and his room rent would be 600 a month for 2 months. Im thinkin he could have made his money back and maybe a little more to come back with. HE only dropped 10.4 this year so he decided not to go unless he was running 10.3-.2

naw I dont know.

Yea im talkin bout US cash. A friend of mine said she came to europe last summer june-july and made about 12k usd.