NFL's Fastest Man Competition

THAT’S THE POINT! WERE ARE DEBATING WHO IS THE FASTEST IN THE 40Y NOT THE 100M!

Dallas Cowboys CB Terrence Newman ran a 10.2 in his conference track meet in college. He is a decent corner (not yet shutdown) but had a tough stretch this past season. I’m pulling for him though.

A 4.19 40 yds and a 12.0 100?! Was that 4.1 electronically timed? First movement or the gun?

Are we debating fastest 40 time now or for anybody in their prime? Personally I would love to see deion sanders and darrell green back back in their prime run with moss, westbrook and rossum.

Super - Vick’s fastest 40 back in collage was a 4.25 which is 2nd fastest to d’angelo hall who had a 4.15.

Darrell Green would MERC anyone in the NFL now when he was in his prime!

Any idea of what his best time was in the 40?

Disagree Again! Deion Sanders has run the 40y in 4.1 and also ran a 60y in 6.1 ! He was in his prime arguably the fastest man in the NFL ever! HENCE THE NICKNAME PRIMETIME, PRIMETIME, PRIMETIME!

Niether! It was a combination of the two! :confused: Let me clarify, at our track club everything was handtimed; however, we would use two boards hinged together and slap them together. As soon as that happened the coach would start the timer! So the actual 4.1 time would be faster if timed by first movement yet slower if electronically timed! Hence, I believe the time to be pretty accurate in relation to electronic! Our coach had been handtiming for over 40 years so he probably developed a pretty good reflex for it!

I agree, but i think deion is the man handsdown

Please get real!! Bob Hayes was the fastest NFL player EVER! He might have been the fastest human ever, but anyways Deion would get MERKED by Darrel! Maybe u missed the past of the program where they showed Green run a 6.04s FAT 60y to beat Willie Gault.

They showed a clip of Green beating Willie Gault with a 6.1. Perhaps this is the same race?

Randall Williams holds the fastest 40 time title in the NFL. He ran a sub 4 apparently, I don’t know whether it was hand timed or first movement or what but that’s what I read. He also holds the record for the fastest touchdown ever.

the fastest touchdown?
wouldn’t that be a QB sneak? or did you mean fastest return touchdown?

sorry i really am honestly confused

If my memory serves me correctly, Prime Time ran 10.28/20.72 at FSU. Not bad, but I don’t think he gets the nod over Darrell Green. Tim Dwight is a bit overrated as a sprinter. Did he ever run a legal sub 10.40?

I mean that he was running faster then anyone ever on his way to the end zone.

I just got the specs, he ran a 4.04 in the 40 and ran his touchdown at a speed of 12.33 yards per second, that is insane.

http://www.fanball.com/fb/playerProfile.cfm?pid=1821

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/football/7457946.htm

Randall Williams did not run under a 4.0. I’ve followed him fairly closely as a Cowboy fan. It is claimed that he ran a 4.0, though I very seriously doubt that this is electronic.

The “record” you refer to had nothing to do with speed and everything to do with good skills. The Eagles attempted an onside kick. Williams picked it up and ran for a touchdown. It all took about 5 seconds.

Randall Williams has great speed but is nowhere near a starting player in the NFL. At least for now.

Oh, you have great quotes.

Yes but for the tenth billionth time we are talking about the 40y!

YOur trippin. 4.1 to a 12.00. what did you walk for 10 meters after the first 40? What is your fastest 100 time. I cant see anyone running a 4.1 in the 40 and then dropping a 12 flat in the 100. I know some 15 y/o girls that would run you down!
I am currently playing semi pro football. I bulked up to around 187 from 167. I ran 4.33 on the grass in the 40 in our combine. And i don’t run a 12 flat 100, maybe in the 120.

that’s right
It’s impossible to run 100s in 12" with that 40y dash time
If you have seen Mick Vick against the rams… you never would think that vick cab be so slow!