Newish to 100m

Hey all, long time lurker first time poster here…anyway I was wondering if you could all help me. Im new to the 100m…only been training for just under a year, but ive been REALLY dissapointed with my times, heres some stats:

20 year old male
current PB: 13.3
Height 5’5
Weight 60kg
Squat(parallel) 145kg
Bench 70kg

My aim is at least 11.9…bearing in mind this is just for the fun of running, im not planning on being a pro or anything haha. Ive been doing alot of strength training over the past year…but to none avail. Recently though i tested my slj and was horrified when it was only just over 6 foot :eek: so im wondering if i have a serious power deficit. vj is also poor. My technique according to my coach is good :confused: im just really frustrated right now! Ive started a plyometric program seriously over the past week or two and hoping to see some results! Do you think plyometrics is the right option for me?? Thanks

Before doing plyometrics, the priority is general strength. Make sure you warm-up properly, that you have adequate recover and use tempo workouts with a lot of abs, press-ups and any core exercises. These will contrast with your sprint workouts and be patient the speed will come out.

Thanks for your reply

How much general strength would be needed? How can i tell when i have enough for plyos is what im saying. Warm up i have taken extra care of lately and tempo workouts have been part of my track training. Yes being patient is one of my problems :o realistically if i train correctly and hard how long untill i could reach my goal? I have no natural talent so its going to be the work as hard as possible route for me :stuck_out_tongue:

You have enough plyo when it doesn’t interfer with your next speed workout.