my diet w/ help of clemson

What about phenylalanine and tyrosine?

I’m trying to remember what exactly phenlalanine does… something to do with making you more relaxed? I know i asked Will Brink about Tyrosine and he specifically said not to mix tryosine with other AAs. he didn’t go into details though. Joe Defranco recommends taking tyrosine with protein drink. I emailed Defranco about it but he hasn’t emailed me back. I could ask Beradi about it for more specific info.

i take the tyrosine from NOW.

I use Tyrosine and Phenalyinne(sp) from Solgar or simply Powerdrive

Tyrosine, DMAE, and ginkgo is a nice combination pre-workout.

Of course, you can now add stuff like piracetem to the mix, because it’s available cheaply and in bulk from www.beyond-a-century.com. Tyrosine has no real taste. DMAE and ginkgo do. Ginkgo has a strong astringent taste to it, if you take it in the bulk powder.

Ginkgo can also cause headaches in some.

I’m trying to remember what exactly phenlalanine does… something to do with making you more relaxed?

DL-Phenylalanine is different than l-phenylalanine. L-phenylalanine is a tyrosine precursor and is found in all diet soft drinks as aspartame. DL-phenylalanine is different - it is also a precursor to phenylethamine, the bodies natural amphetamine and also some research sugests that it slows the breakdown of endorphins, thus it has a pain-killing effect.

I use an all natural stack that I get from BAC and make myself consisting of:
Lecithin (contains large amouns of choline)- 5 grams
acetyl-l-carnitine- 1.5 grams
Piracetam-1.5 grams
DL-Phenylalanine-1000 mg
L-tyrosine- 3000 mg
caffeine- 100 mg

occassionally add:
DMAE-200 mg
Mucuna Puriens- 60 mg (standardized l-dopa extract)

I usually take it twice a day and eliminate the caffeine in the 2nd dose. This stack covers natural stimulation from a variety of angles and is healthy too. I’ve noticed a profound decrease in sleep requirements since I’ve been using it. I can sleep 3 hours and not be affected and 6 hours feels like 8 used to.

Higher-Faster-Sports.com

I noticed about sleeping less too. I thought it was just me! :slight_smile: I must be thinkng about something else i think l-thianine (sp?). DL-Phenylalanine sounds interesting. I take Powerdrive right now. How much does it cost to make your own? I paid 22 bucks for powerdrive (30servings) which isnt so bad considering that the regular price is 40 bucks elsewhere. I usually prefer to make my own stuff from stratch since it’s cheaper but it wasn’t really possible in this case. You get all the stuff from BAC? does it have a website?

LT, CSCS

Cool. I’ve used NOW brand in the past. I was impressed with it. Where would I get coconut oil? I’m looking for reliable brands so i can use it for pre workout shake in case i have to work out first thing in the morning. I happened to come across this thread at t-mag and someone was talking about how bad it was to consume too much polyunstaturated and that we should be consuming 60-80% saturated fat of total fat with 6% being PUF. This person gave us the link for more info - http://westonaprice.org/know_your_fats/skinny.html

She also advocates consuming coconut oils. Things sure have changed!

you can get coconut oil from the wildernessfamilynaturals website.

what about N-ACETYL L-TYROSINE? i’ve read that it works just as well for the half dose of l-tyrosine.

which one? I see there’s 3 of them…

I’ve read previously that l-tyrosine is best taken on an empty stomach with a little vitamin C for best absorption, then DL-Phenylalanine with food about 45mins later along with co-enzymated B6. Please tell me if this information is correct.

oil? milk? water? and cream?

What are your goals? How much and when…

I noticed about sleeping less too. I thought it was just me! I must be thinkng about something else i think l-thianine (sp?). DL-Phenylalanine sounds interesting. I take Powerdrive right now. How much does it cost to make your own? I paid 22 bucks for powerdrive (30servings) which isnt so bad considering that the regular price is 40 bucks elsewhere. I usually prefer to make my own stuff from stratch since it’s cheaper but it wasn’t really possible in this case. You get all the stuff from BAC? does it have a website?

I end up saving a lot of money in the long run. It does get to be kind’ve a hassle to spoon each individual ingredient out and mix it together each time. You could always just get a couple of the ingredients and add them to power drive. Acetyl-l-carnitine alone would be a nice addition. The website is www.beyond-a-century.com
You can also find good deals at www.bulknutrition.com and www.blackstarlabs.com.

Re n-acetyl-l-tyrosine there is actually quite a bit of evidence that shows it is less bioavailable than the regular l-tyrosine. However, I have used both and do think the “acetyl” version works a tad better. The few people I’ve known who have used both also say the same thing. However, I don’t think the difference in effectiveness is enough to make up for the price difference.

I was talking about coconut oil and there were 3 of them from different places. Just wondered what everyone liked the best. I was going to use them for preworkout drink first thing in the morning before workouts and whenever I need it, for fat loss or gain weight. Just another option for me to add to my homemade MRP shake for specific goals.

i don’t remember which one i bought, but i think it was the cheapest one.

I also forgot which of the three I got. I don’t think there’s a big difference and they’re probably all quality.

Could ya’ll please give me examples of what you do with coconut oil? This is uncharted territory for me! Can a preworkout shake consisiting of coconut oil and CFM whey be used first thing in the morning before workout? - of course i’d have to take tyrosine and others first before i do that. What else?

Ltruett,
I think that sounds good, you might just want to melt it and “sup” it from the spoon because it would taste very nasty in a protein shake. You could also make a protein shake using the coconut milk.

i’ve melted coconut oil and put in a shake before and its been fine. i usually take one when i wake up and before i go to bed.