Motivation

Let’s get the CF forum revamped everyone. I hear by way too many that it’s dead now. But there is such a strong community on here, so much knowledge in every contributor, and so much passion in this community.

So I wanted to start a thread on motivation, something I feel like may not be talked about that much on here.

So what motivates you? Do you need to be motivated? What struggles are you experiencing?

Let’s post some quotes and anything relevant to motivating oneself. I just know that for someone like me, who trains alone and unattached, it’s something I really need to pay extra attention to.

“What doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger.”

“Like a monkey ready to be shot into space. A space monkey, ready to sacrifice himself for the greater good.” - Fight Club

“You’re going to love this, trust me. What you’re seeing now is my normal state… This is a super saiyan… And this, this is what is known as a super saiyan that has ascended past a super saiyan. Or, you could just call this a super saiyan 2… And this… is to go… EVEN. FURTHER. BEYOND!!!” - Goku turning SSJ3 for the first time

“In the battle between good and evil, a hero lies in grey.”

“Each element that surrounds us contributes to build out reality. That’s the authentic existence, the existence that defines who you are.”

" A warrior does not give up on what he loves, he finds the love in what he does." - Peaceful Warrior

“You don’t need to train harder, just train smarter” - CF

“It’s only after we’ve lost everything that we’re free to do anything.
…Nothing is static. Everything is falling apart.
This is your life, and it’s ending, one minute at a time.” - Fight Club

You can’t change your past and you can’t change your circumstances today either, but you can prepare to be successful for the future.

(thought I had to tell myself today, helped me to not try and push anything and just wait until I’m ready to go HI again)

Have no fear. You are on a superior program. You can be coached by the world’s greatest if you let yourself. Don’t worry about what your competition is doing. Their ultimate goal is to win conference. But, ours, ours exceed to much greater things to be won. Like, success in life. And representing a lifelong love for the sport. Remember this, we’ll be sprinting longer than any of them. This isn’t our job. We’re not on scholarship - this is our love and passion! We don’t do it to get anything out of it - IT, the sport, the beautiful miracle that we may experience that is sprinting, brings things out of our very own souls that we may have never realized before.

If all else fails, if you run some of the worst times in your life at a meet like I have done before, have no fear. Why? Because we know that we love what we do the most out of any single other person in that stadium. No matter how fast they run or how many races they win, they can never be first place in who loves what they do the most.

Let your love carry you through each and every race. No one can defeat that.

“No turning back now.”

What are you doing?

When they’re training, what are you doing? Are you trying to train harder than them - or are you trying to train smarter? It’s all about perspective.
At some point, you have to consider that nothing is static. Meaning, there is ALWAYS SOMETHING going on. There is never nothing going on.
This is a revelation of a true warrior. Just because it’s Friday night or Saturday night doesn’t mean that you stop training.
Even if you’re resting the body, you can still train the mind. Just because it’s Friday or Saturday night doesn’t mean you have to go out.
Study your enemies when they aren’t looking, watch them in their sleep. A true warrior is a warrior 24/7. A true warrior does all things with a purpose in mind.
He does not give in to temptation or the snares of the evil ones. He finds the light in the darkness and the darkness in the light.
There is always something going on. You are either building yourself up, or you are breaking yourself down. You can’t “recover” from things that destroy you.
Eventually it catches up. 1 day of the year is 0.27% out of the year. It doesn’t sound like much, but it adds up. 11 Days out of the year is 3%, and while deceivingly small, nonetheless, it adds up.
1 day of your opponent enjoying their “weak end” and 1 day more of training is 0.27% of the year*2 = .54%. Do that several times and it adds up quickly.
Focus on self-improvement above all, nothing is more vital. If we fail to improve ourselves, we fail at everything.
If things aren’t going your way in training, stop until you are ready to challenge your goals again.
A true warrior does not deny failure, he accepts it as a challenge.