MMA - Uncensored

So who’s it gonna be this weekend, Shamrock or Le? I say Shamrock by submission or TKO. Le is good but this is a real step up in competition, he didn’t look so great against Sam Morgan.

I’m disappointed Jake Shields vs Drew Fickett was cancelled, I was really looking forward to that fight. Plus Nick Diaz is out too, WTF?? Both are Cesar Gracie fighters, any conspiracy theories? The Elite XC card that was looking so good doesn’t look so good anymore. Plus ‘Cyborg’ is out too. Are they not paying these guys, lol.

Speaking of Elite XC, who should Kimbo face next? I know a lot of people want him to fight Paul Buentello (to get knocked out), but I don’t think he’s ready for that yet. He’s had like what, 3 MMA fights? Even though Kimbo is a headliner I would like to see him fight someone that’s close to his ability and experience. Answer = Brett ‘The Grim’ Rogers, a knockout artist who is 8-0 I think. That would be a war. Cabbage has been talked about too, but I think Kimbo would destroy him. Maybe Bigfoot or even Ricco Rodriguez could be possible opponents? At least we could see if Kimbo has a ground game too.

At last UFC is getting shown live in the UK on Setanta Sports! About time!
Funnily enough an MMA club has started at my uni and they use the Indoor facility at the same time as my group do plyo’s - I was amazed at how clueless my group was to MMA (exept a guy that spent last year in Miami) Our coach was like “cage fighting? Exhibitionist stuff that!” :eek:

Lol, hasn’t he ever seen ‘Cage Rage’?

Damn it I hate being wrong, Le broke Shamrocks’s arm! Crazy.

Presenting possibly the best fight i have ever seen for you all:

http://www.mmatko.com/frank-shamrock-vs-cung-le-fight-video-strikeforce-elitexc/

Interesting to note that the David Bielkheden Vs. Diego Sanchez was not televised. Big name not to get show time, his two loses have been very close points decisions. I rate him within the top 5 WW.

Matt Hamill Vs. Tim Boetsch

Interesting match up. I hoped Hamill would get a rematch with that punk Bispeng. Thats one guy I can’t wait to see get knocked out.

I thought Hamil beat him in their fight.

Ultimate Fight Night was pretty good, some good KO’s. Too bad for Houston Alexander, I wanted him to win. I can’t believe Nate pulled it out either, he was getting a beatdown. Kurt Pelligrino was just a little too casual in there, he had Nate down a few times but let him back up without much of a struggle? WTF?

Looks like Karo will have to wait another 3 years for a title shot. Hey Karo didn’t you watch the Shamrock-Le fight? Don’t try and bang with a superior striker. Anthony Johnson, what can you say? Devastating. Tommy speers should ditch Hughes and go learn striking at the Miletich camp.

Finally Ken-Flo vs. J-Lau (second-worst nickname ever, right after “The Athlete”) too bad for Joe. In Joe’s defense that was big step up in competition. I mean really, Jason Reinhardt then Kenny Florian? How long before we see B.J. Penn vs. Kenny Florian? If B.J. beats Sherk, that’s probably his next opponent.

Oh yeah, Diego is still top 5 in my books. I thought the Fitch fight was a lot closer than people think. Still not decided on Fitch, I think Georges smashes him if they ever fight.

cant wait for saturday, war gsp!

GSP V Serra

GSP ground game has improved, but Serra stand up has improved. It will be a interesting re-match.

GSP by first round TKO in under 3 minutes. Same for Rampage over Forrest. I know that’s not for a while but just sayin.

Re Houston Alexander: This is one way I wish UFC were like PRIDE. If I guy comes to fight and either beats someone down or gets beaten down, I want to keep seeing him. I’d rather see HA than Bisping or the Japanese dude who’s so boring I can’t even remember his name right now. Maybe Houston v Forrest after Forrest gets knocked down, slammed, then pounded out by Rampage.

And I agree w/ Dana about the caliber of guys on previous seasons of TUF, but who the hell put them on in the first place? :mad: I swear half the time Dana’s brain doesn’t know what his mouth is saying.

War Georges!

Noone fed guys to the wolves like Pride did. They sacrificed poor Wandy enough times: Mark Hunt (60+ lbs heavier), then Crocop, then Hendo, lol, some great fights in those days though.

Lol at Dana, exactly, who picked those bums in those earlier seasons Dana?

Can’t wait for this Saturday, I am probably more psyched about this fight than any other since Rampage/Liddell II.

I predicting GSP won’t let his hands go for the first round. I don’t see a first round stoppage, unless its by submission.

I just have 2 wishes, would the following people please shut up:

1. Matt Serra
  2. Charles McCarthy

That is all
Thank you

Matt Serra is entertaining.

matt serra is annoying to all hell. now i hope matt hughes double shuts him up. if anyone in the ufc can hold a title for 10 years… st. pierre is it. good to see him have his title back.

Not sure GSP can be dominate if he continues to be a ground and pound fighter. I think Koscheck and Sanchez would beat him at that game. From the fight it looked liked GSP didn’t want to stand with Serra.

Well he already dominated Koshcheck last year, I should have bet on him, I would have won some serious cash at my MMA forum, everyone was so sure GSP couldn’t out wrestle the wrestler, but he did, easily.

As for Sanchez, not sure where his head is at, at his best he would be a good matchup for GSP. GSP will probably fight Fitch next, who is pretty tough. Let’s see Georges defend his title at least once before we start talking about a dynasty yet. Hughes is still the best WW of all time at 40-6, but GSP is on his way.

Fitch would be a good match up. But I see a boring fight. I like watching the fast pace style of Sanchez & Koshcheck. Fitch is too methodological I am afraid GSP is becoming the same.