MMA - Uncensored

if by good wrestlers you mean hughes and gomi once then yes (and gomi has no ground game). i could easily see sherk beating bj. sherk not only has good wrestling, but he also has good hands, decent jiujitsu,a body type thats hard to deal with on the ground, and obscene conditioning. weve already seen sherk go five rounds twice, while bj hasnt done that in five years. conditioning has played the biggest role in both of bjs losses at welterweight. while i think his conditioning will be much better at lightweight (he had no conditioning problems against gomi for example), i also think its a far cry to say bj is unstoppable at lightweight, even though hes probably the most skilled.

Nobody is unstoppable, Sherk would be tough to submit, but like you said, B.J. is the most skilled. B.J. beat Hughes in his prime, who I think most people would agree is a superior wrestler and fighter to Sherk. The GSP fight could have gone either way, many people believe B.J. won that fight (I scored it a draw personally), looking at the beating Georges’ face took. Anyway, win or lose, he more than held his own with Georges, who dominated Sherk at Welterweight. I agree, conditioning has been B.J.'s downfall, but he looked okay against Jens.

war gsp! war axe murderer!

SOKO FTW…Actually i dont know but boy would that annoy some people, however lyoto is a mysterious and elusive fighter in the ring, very interesting.

i can’t believe that little midget Serra backed out of the fight. He talked so much sh*t to Hughes and then fakes an injury to get out of the fight so he wouldn’t risk losing his title. What a speedbag.

Yeah, Serra really annoyed me this season. I hate to admint it, but I was kinda hoping Hughes would shut him up. The last straw was when he wouldn’t corner one of his own fighters, WTF?? Anyway, war GSP!

I like Wanderlei and Chuck, I just want to see this fight at last.

Chuck has lost his last two. He going to have added pressure going into this fight.

Silva will have pressure too, he’s lost his last two fights as well. Having said that, my predictions are as always.

GSP over Hughes
Silva over Chuck
Soko over Machida

Wanderleiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!

Well the UFC turned 80 yesterday, and it was a decent card with a few surprises.

B.J.'s win was no surprise though, as he dominated Joe Daddy. Poor Joe looked liked he was almost in tears when he tapped. Even though he was dominated, I think Joe is better than that. B.J. just came out on fire, and Joe never had a chance for a takedown of his own. Look out Sherk, if B.J. puts you down, you’ll end up just like Joe Daddy.

I’m happy for Jorge Rivera and Marcus Davis, who were both written off a few years ago. Though the road gets tougher for both of them. Middleweight is the weakest weight class, but can Jorge Rivera hang with the next tier at 185? How would he do against a guy like Patrick Cote, or Chris Leben? I don’t think he would beat either of those guys, let alone more talented middleweights. For Davis, it’s even tougher at WW, as there are tons of talented fighters at that weight class. Maybe Davis versus, Neer, Burkman, Fickett, Luke Cummo? Someone of that level would be a step up for Marcus.

Sherk may be the one who takes PJ down for ground and pound. Sherk never has been a stand up guy.

Match ups I would like to see:

Matt Serra V GSP

Spider V Hendo

Congo V Sylvia

Macida v Thiago winner V Rampage

Vera V Chuck

Well Sharmer, you partially got your wish: Hendo vs Spider, Serra Vs GSP, Kongo vs Herring, not Sylvia, but still a good matchup especially if Herring’s new team has him in shape (something we’ve never seen before).

Hendo vs Spider looks like a bad matchup for Silva, as Dan is dominant wrestler, but then he had to go and throw a wrench in the plan by saying he will stand and trade with Anderson: “I definately have more power, and I can knock him out” HUH??? What kind of strategy is this? I know Dan has knockout power but standing and striking with Anderson Silva is a recipe for disaster. This is Dan’s one flaw in my opinion, he likes to go toe-to-toe too much. Yeah he’s knocked out people before, and caught a tired (and ill) Wandy once, but Silva is way more precise with his strikes. I know Silva has a black-belt in BJJ under Nog but I’m still not convinced about his ground game, at least against a dominant wrestler i.e. we just haven’t seen it yet. History proves a strong dominant wrestler can neutralize BJJ (Randy Couture, Matt Hughes), so Dan take note.

Then again, if 2008 is anything like 2007, I will be completely wrong and Hendo will knock his ass out in the first round. :rolleyes:

Congo V Herring ! BS decision - Congo dominated the first two rounds.

Spider V Hendo - Dan should have stayed with the first round strategy, ground and pound. He dominated spider in the first. Unfortunately tried to stand toe to toe, got tagged and choked out.

Macida V spider

If Macida stepped down to 185 he has the style to combat Spider. Kyokushin Karate matches up well against Muay Thai. I have trained Kyokoshin for over 10 yrs and always matched up well against Muay Thai guys. Muay utilises close range strikes, whilst kyokushin striking is from a further distance. Macida could strike Spider without risking himself for clinch & knees. Dan made the mistake of right hand leads which opened him up to Spider’s awesome close range striking. Dan had the strength to use his greco roman wrestling skills and forced Spider against the fence, and dirty box. Or take him down, like he did in the first.

Interesting to see Rich is making a comeback at the UFC 83? I think he is better at 205. He looks weak at 185.

(ps- Too many punks posters who continually bring up my name. Ironically they NEVER even dare to make eye contact in person or talk with the same cheek)

Is it just me or do the majority of the Pride guys that are hyped beyond belief come over to UFC and lay an egg?

Well I was wrong again, I knew Hendo was in trouble on his feet, but I never expected Anderson to submit him that quickly. Dan’s tough but he got owned. I’ll never doubt Anderson’s ground game again.

I agree about Machida, and I’ve said it before, he might give Anderson some trouble. They train together right now so this fight probably won’t happen in the near future, but hey nothing lasts forever. Style-wise, Machida vs Silva makes sense. I expect Okami should be Anderson’s next logical opponent, just because of their history. Though Silva hinted at a drop to WW, that would be interesting, Silva vs. GSP, Silva vs. BJ Penn? OOHH YEEAAHH!

Yes some just can’t adjust to the octagon or take a while to do it. Rampage has done well, and it looks like Nog has adjusted. I think Shogun got exposed, but he looked out of shape too.

Spider was an ex-pride fighter, so was Herring,

Shogun V Spider at MW

Now thats a good match up:)

UFC 84

BJ Penn over Sherk

Wanderlia will destroy Jardine

Ortiz may be a tricky match up for Machida, don’t know how good he is on the ground.

UFC 83

The Canadians will be looking for revenage against Serra. But I think he is well rounded, very good ground game and has improved his striking. GSP should win, but he shouldnt have ever lost when he got TKO in the first fight.

UFC 83

I have Georges taking this rematch. Way more well rounded, Serra’s best weapon is Jiu-Jitsu but he hardly ever submiits anyone. Plus I have to cheer for a fellow canadian.

UFC 84

I think B.J. takes this one, better standup, the best BJJ Sherk has seen so far, and the best takedown defense Sherk will have ever faced. I also like Wandy in a war over Jardine.