MMA - Uncensored

Hughes would be no match for AS, 1st round knockout, no welterweight could step to middle weight and beat AS. For AS to get dethroned light heavy weights would need to come down one division.

ryo chonan (sp?) actually beat anderson silva in pride on one of the baddest damn submissions I’ve ever seen. I’ll see if I can find the vid.

//youtu.be/C2XRZsNQb7U

Awesome.

chonan is fighting on the UFC 78, his overall record isn’t that strong

The flying heel hook! Love it. Ryo vs Silva II would be a good one. Also, Anderson and Yushin Okami have some unfinished business. Sharmer makes a good point. Actually the guy I would like to see come down to fight Anderson is Lyoto Machida. Thai boxing vs. point-karate, let’s get it on!

Oh yeah, Serra is beginning to annoy me too. Hughes is arrogant, but his ego is deflating this season, losses will do that. I would like to see GSP KO both of them. My welterweight top 3 is:

1. GSP
  2. John Fitch
  3. Karo Parysian

e

If anyone wants to put the vids right here in the forums (as I have) just embed (
//youtu.be/videonumber
)* to bring it in.

*without the quotes-I put them in because it will actually pull a player in without them.

:slight_smile:

I like Spyder alot, but it is nice to know he can be beat…see how off guard he was? Clearly Rich Franklin didn’t see this clip.

Rupert
CharlieFrancis.com

Sharmer makes a good point. Actually the guy I would like to see come down to fight Anderson is Lyoto Machida. Thai boxing vs. point-karate, let’s get it on!

e[/QUOTE]

That being said, now that I think about it more, Hughes is probably one of the few WW’s who could make the transition to MW easily. Think about it, he must walk around at at least 185, he looks really stocky on the show. Joe Stevenson, a LW, says he walks around at 190, and Hughes looks bigger than him.

On the other hand, coming down to 185 might not be as easy as you think. Hendo is a natural MW, so it’s no problem for him. But what about a guy like Forrest Griffin? Couture says Forrest is around 230 most of the time (he is 6’3 and pretty solild), a cut to 185 would not be realistic. Or even Tito, who is supposedly 225 most of the time. Bisping and Rashad could do it easily, or maybe Houston Alexander? How about Houston vs the Spider? Come on UFC make it happen! (Wishful thinking I know, Houston has already publicly stated he is comfortable at 205, but he might change his mind if he loses).

That being said, now that I think about it more, Hughes is probably one of the few WW’s who could make the transition to MW easily. Think about it, he must walk around at at least 185, he looks really stocky on the show. Joe Stevenson, a LW, says he walks around at 190, and Hughes looks bigger than him.

On the other hand, coming down to 185 might not be as easy as you think. Hendo is a natural MW, so it’s no problem for him. But what about a guy like Forrest Griffin? Couture says Forrest is around 230 most of the time (he is 6’3 and pretty solild), a cut to 185 would not be realistic. Or even Tito, who is supposedly 225 most of the time. Bisping and Rashad could do it easily, or maybe Houston Alexander? How about Houston vs the Spider? Come on UFC make it happen! (Wishful thinking I know, Houston has already publicly stated he is comfortable at 205, but he might change his mind if he loses).[/QUOTE]

One of my favorite things about Pride was the All-Weight Competition where all weight classes competed for the title. Seeing Mark Hunt fight Wanderlei Silva was awesome! If the UFC could pull that off, I’m in!

The Nevada sports commission would never sanction events without strict weight divisions, that was the old UFC. Anderson Silva has improved a lot as a fighter of recent times, he wont get beaten by the techniques that beat him before.Macida v Silva that would be a very interesting match up. He would need to move down one division for that to happen.

So who will win the next big showdowns?

Evans vs. Bisping: I’m leaning towards Rashad, Karma must come back and bite Bisping in the rear, he was lucky to beat Matt Hamil. I think Rashad’s wrestling will tip the scales in his favour. Bisping’s standup is pretty good, but does he have knockout power? I’m not convinced yet. Evans via GNP or unanimous decision.

Parysian vs Chonan: I’ll go with Karo because I know he is mad that he is not getting his title shot yet, plus he’s one of my favourite fighters. I just hope he doesn’t look past Ryo in “the year of the upset”. Might be hard to submit Ryo but, Karo by decision.

Edgar vs. Fisher: "The Answer vs. “The King”. Sometimes we are disappointed when the hyped up fights are not exciting. This might be the fight of the night. Spencer was on top of his game when he dismantled Sam Stout (a professional Kickboxer no less). Frankie Edgar has looked equally impressive in the octagon, his war with Tyson Griffin was a classic. I couldn’t keep track of all the reversals. I know MMA math doesn’t always work (especially this year) but Frankie beat Griffin, who was undefeated at the time. Griffin is also, the only man to hold a victory over Urijah Faber, the WEC lightweight champ. Spencer has great boxing and very quick hands but, I don’t think he’ll touch Edgar. I say Edgar wins a tough split decision.

Alexander vs. Silva: Wow, talk about a hard road to the top. Houston Alexander gets Keith Jardine for his first fight, then Sakara, now Thiago Silva? Has a virtual no-name ever had a tougher 3-fight intro to the UFC? Dana White really wants to see if this guy is for real. Silva is no joke. A Chute-Boxe fighter, you know his standup is crazy, and I’m sure his Jiu-Jitsu is good too. Houston has knockout power, so if Silva decides to stand and trade, he is an idiot. If this fight gets to the ground…

I can’t remember the other fights offhand, but I think those are the main ones.

I want bispang to get his ass kicked, it rediculous that a fighter with his limited ability has 16-0 record!!!

I hate to be rooting for Rashad, but Bisping’s bitchiness makes me want him to get KO’d so he can’t claim he won.

TUF is making me think less of Matt Hughes by the week.

UFC 78 doesn’t have marquee matchups but most of those have laid an egg anyway. Frank Edgar always comes to fight so that should be good, and Silva v Alexander almost guarantees a knockout.

Well, evans defeated bisping and houston alexander suffered his first defeat in the UFC as well. Also, the UFC announced at there post-fight press conference that Dan Henderson has agreed to fight Anderson Silva for the title at 185lbs. It’s rumored to be taking place in columbus, OH when the UFC returns there. That will be a great fight, my early prediction is henderson, silva i don’t think will have any answer for hendersons wrestling. Also hendo has an iron chin. Regardless it should be a very interesting fight.

Fight of the year !!!

My view is that wrestlers always struggle against world class Muay Thai /BBJ fighters, the history of the UFC will show this. However I do want Dan Henderson to win the title, because if he doesn’t then I don’t see anyone matching up with the Spider.

Hendo is the best possible match for Silva right now, it had to happen. Hendo will be a good test for him, and maybe his Kryptonite.

Well, there were some good fights tonight in the TUF finale. The J-Rock/Koppenhaver fight was a classic, back and forth the whole way. For a guy who is supposed to be a Jiu-Jitsu brown belt, Rollins did not do that well on the ground.

Finally, I am a Roger Huerta fan. How many people were saying “Don’t believe the hype” before his fight with Clay Guida? (I have my hand raised). Now I am a believer. Huerta was outwrestled, and out-punched for two rounds, took a viscious knee to the head, but still pulled out a victory after being on the brink of being KO’d. The guy’s got heart, but he needs to get quicker hands if he wants to be a LW champ. Guida was beating him to the punch, that right jab scored at will. A real slick striker like Frankie Edgar or Spencer Fisher would pick Huerta apart, let alone a heavy-handed lightweight like BJ or Jens. Pick up CFTS Roger and get some speed, quickly! My LW division rankings now look like this:

1. BJ Penn
  2. Joe Stevenson
  3. Sean Sherk
  4. Frankie Edgar
  5. Kenny Florian
  6. Tyson Griffin
  7. Roger Huerta
  8. Spencer Fisher
  9. Clay Guida
  10. Thiago Tavares

Honourable mention to Din Thomas who is out with an injury, he would certainly be in the mix if healthy, and he and Ken-Flo have unfinished business. I know everyone won’t agree with my rankings, but until BJ fights Joe Daddy, he must be number one, (for the record, I think he will defeat Joe). I have Frankie Edgar very high for a relative newcomer, but I just think he is that good.

wait, why do you have stevenson number two? hes lost to neer and his best win is yves edwards.

Only because he is fighting BJ for the interim title. BJ is the uncrowned LW champ IMHO. If Joe Daddy wins, he has to be #1.

thats not a very good reason in my opinion, but as long as your not saying hes better than sherk its ok. i would definately have sherk number one, though i believe penn is the more skilled fighter. he just hasnt done anything in the lightweight division for over four years.

Yes, Sherk is still the champ, if he wasn’t suspended, he would have to be ahead of Joe Daddy. I just can’t see either guy beating B.J., hence the #1 ranking, but if Joe pulls off the upset, my MMA math (which doesn’t always work, especially in this year of upsets) says he’s #1. Even though I can’t see Joe doing much against Sherk on the ground or standing. B.J. on the other hand, has done well against wrestlers.