Looking for a 200m Training Program.

All im able to find is CLyde Hart’s 400m program.

here

http://www.nacactfca.org/articles/Hart-eng.htm

You can find Clyde Hart’s 200m program here:

http://www.usatf.org/groups/Coaches/library/2007/Sprint%20Training/Clyde_Hart2.pdf

Keep in mind, though, that Hart’s programs work best for people who have developed high short speed first.

thanks a zillion
:slight_smile:

What are the best downloads to buy for a 200m charlie francis plan?

Hi Steve,

I just have a few questions for you with regard to your training, your current level of fitness / performance levels, where you live, etc.

Clyde Hart’s program might be difficult to implement if you live in a northern climate with limited access to 400m tracks in the winter.

I have a few questions that if answered might help those with much greater knowledge than me to help you a little better.

1. What is your current age / training age?

2. What kind of climate / what geographical area do you live in?

3. What are your goals? What is your current performance level?

4. Will you will have a group to run with?

5. Do you have a coach, or will you be coaching yourself?

1: CFTS
2: GPP
3: Van

Hi, i am unable to find the vancouver series in the products, i have CFTS and GPP already. I would just like something more rigid to follow.

I want to start training for next season.

I am 28 years old, 5 years training age, i live in the Uk, there is a group ai can train with but the coach isnt very charlie francis freindly which is why i want to go alone. I have the will power and temperament to do it all myself. My current PB is 22.72s , i know this isnt quick, but i have personal goals to get quicker. Hopefully low 22s.

I have the Vancouver download and the CFTS. The Vancouver download comes with a long to short, and a short to long training program you can follow but you’re going to have to modify the program because it’s too much volume. In the end, like others have told me (including Charlie) the program is only a TEMPLATE. Once you understand the template you should be able to start thinking for yourself in how you’re going to manipulate the reps/sets to get the best results.

As far as training alone, I found the short to long to be best program for me because it’s hard to sprint longer distances without anybody to race with or without anybody watching me such as a coach.