LOL - Nice Hang Power Clean :)

Dang, my form used to be pretty bad, but this one takes the cake :slight_smile:

I’d kill to have access to bumper plates and a lifting platform, these kids must have a coach somewhere…I don’t see how he could possibly benefit :smiley:

400kb Right Click on link and save before veiwing thanks
http://www.members.optushome.com.au/coolcolj/Movies/NiceClean.mpg

Other than flaring his legs what is wrong with his technique? It looks like he has two red plates (25kg each) on each side of the bar (25kg). That is a 125kg power/side split clean, which is pretty good.

He pulled too early.

im not an expert in oly lifts but it just doesnt look right. my back hurt just watching it, but then again, youth makes up for a lot of mistakes.

yea, he mostly relied on his upper body (lower back) to initiate the movement. Is that considered a clean?

Originally posted by dlive11
I know you may not believe me, but this is the TRUTH. The Saint teaches this type of “pull”. He firmly believes to start the movement with the lower back and not the legs. WOW.

Who’s the Saint?

He probbaly brags about how much he cleans :slight_smile:

Well instead of dipping, he split, then he pretty much reverse curls it up, no hip, no shrugging and his lower back must ache afterwards :karate:

Nice gym though! It was taken from the Vertimax promo video :stuck_out_tongue:

I know you may not believe me, but this is the TRUTH. The Saint teaches this type of “pull”. He firmly believes to start the movement with the lower back and not the legs. WOW.

Unfortunately, only a few of us know who the Saint is. Just know that you should do At The Very Least, the total opposite of what he suggests.

Hit with names and addressese please! :o

Col, I can think of three gyms within 20 minutes of where you live which have platforms.

That clean was horrible. No triple extension. All he is doing is heaving it up. He could get a lot more out of that lift if he dropped some weight and did it right…just my opinion of course

A perfect example of why, in certain circumstances, belts are absolutely neccesary!

Fight Gym in Manly.

Sydney Acadamy Of Sport Narrabeen (Theres another one somewhere in Narrabeen, not exactly sure where)

Barker School

Knox School

Where do you work?

Gah - they’re all pretty far from me, there is a proper olympic lifting gym in Newtown I hear, but too far away.

I’m in the East Lindfield area

Too far? How lazy are you? Went to Bellaroma the other night and it took me 10 minutes from French’s Forrest. My mother lives on the Northern beaches and works in linfield., it’s not that fr Col

Originally posted by Dazed
Too far? How lazy are you? Went to Bellaroma the other night and it took me 10 minutes from French’s Forrest. My mother lives on the Northern beaches and works in linfield., it’s not that fr Col

That would describe me to a tee :sing:

Col, where is this proper lifting gym in Newtown? I’ll have to check it out when I’m down that way.
Cheers.

Col, I know about the one in Burwood. Where’s the one in Newtown? (or is this the one you meant?)