komy's road to wj

im actually hopin to perform great circuit sessions within the next couple of weeks. im feelin so heavy its unbeleivable. guess i need to lose some weight and obviously get used to overcoming my own body weight when it comes to the track.
im more focussed on my strength endurance and overaall fitness for the next couple of weeks. should hopefully start feelin it kickin in by nxt week
the big mistake i did last season was when i got to a good level of fitness and endurance i absolutely forgot about it during my competition season(so focussed on short sprints and special endurance) and so i ended like what i am right now, more like starting from scratch, so hopefully when i get it sorted im gona be maintaining it even through my season as to not lose the benefits of it if u know what i mean
cheers

Friday 7/05 rest

Saturday 9/05

4 track laps warm up, stretches, form drills x30m, 2x100m acc

tempo: 2x4x200m rest: walk 200 set: 5min

ran 2 good 200s then my calves cramped, rested for a bit then performed again and cramped again. so iced my legs and then ran 3slow ones 31s which was not so bad considering my legs condition.

stadium stairs session, run up stairs x4 rest walk down
frog jump stadium stairs x4 rest walk down
double leg hops on smaller stairs, focus on speed x5
diagonal runs, jog down, run up again (strength endurance)

was an overall good workout but that cramp was totally messed up. just guess form lack of tempo work for some time. gettin adapted though feelin it. right hamstring got pulled last wednesday which hurt a bit but then dissapeared, was during dynamic stretches. so doing a lot of icing and hopefully should get better

Sunday 9/05

3k jog, stretches (hamstring was too sore)
got semi poisned form eating out dinner last night was so was just a messed up day for me

Monday 10/05 rest

Tuesday 11/05

long warmp up: 3k jog, 35min stretches (static and dynamic),
form drills x2x40m
4x100m acceleration runs
hurdle drills, 4 hurdles x2 each workout
(hop hurdles, jump hurldes 3different workouts)
3x40m sprints
4x50m frog jumps
circuit training session, 20sec at each, 5min set, total 3sets

mix of upper core and lower including star jumps, reverse hypers, crunches, pull ups, pressups, step ups etc

Wednesday 12/05 Tempo session

2x3x250m 39s, rest walk 150m

stadium stairs session: run stairs, hop stairs, lunge stairs, sprint smaller stairs, diagonal runs around stadium for strength endurance

i feel it comin back now but to be honest im a bit upset my tempo work has gone down a bit, i used to do 8 falt 250s at 38 and now i kinda lost that pace so i should be comin back to it in a little while.
lookin forward for a good session tomorow, should be the same as tuesdays

Very good Komy, You are coming back into some fitness level. I see that you are doing 4 50m frog jumps without complaining. I look up the post and see what you were saying about the 25m ones. Good luck man and keep it up.

Thursady 13/05

long warmup: 3k jog
35min stretches
2x40m form drills
4x100m acceleration runs
hurdle drills x2
4x40m sprints
5x50m frog jumps (ouch!)
cct training session, 3sets, 20sec each workout, 5min set

was a very good workout actually. im feelin my aerobic fitness is gettin hooked up and definitely my overall endurance mainly strength is gettin better which is really what im focussing on. frog jumps were god damn painful but glad i went for 5reps this time. lookin forward for another week of hard training and then will hit my test week. im really expecting some good tempo runs hopefully as of next week. will try and recover better tonight and tomorow through a good diet and maybe some massage therapy tomorow (if i can afford it)
cheers

can you describe frog jumps for me?

others call em bunny hops if thats familiar, anyways its where your in a squat posn (thigs parallel to ground) and you jump as forward and high as u can at the same time. very painful exercise until u get used to it but it really works u up and is a very useful exercise. u should try it with smaller distances first and gradually build it up

Friday 14/05 REST

Saturday 15/05 tempo and strength endurance
1200m jog, stretches, 1x(30,40,50,60m) acceleration
2x4x250m (39s) rest walk 150m set: 5min
stadium stairs session( run, hop, lunge, diagonal runs for endurance)

was a very good workout for me, though i was NOT impressed with my 250s, there were a few 40s and a 41. apparently i know im gettin better at this cause ive been through this b4 and i know it took arounds 7weeks of extensive tempo to get myself back in action so thats hopefully what im lookin for. getting better with the stadium stairs session so thats good, can feel the cct sessions kickin in plus im starting to feel myself lighter again so thats all good news for me. will sruady tonight for my math exam tomorow so wish us luck
cheers

Be careful with those frog jumps, if they are painful you are doing them wrong, there is no reason why they should be painful. If you mean exhaustion/fatigue when you say painful then there is no problem.

yeah thats what i meant actually, by 35m ur legs just become wasted and having to keep goin for another 15m is what i meant by painful :wink:
cheers

Sunday 16/05

Long warm-up: 3k jog
35min stretches
form drills x2x40m
4x100m acceleration runs
3x40m sprints (emphasis on technique)
5x50m frog jumps 2min rest

3x150m ins and outs, 30m sprint 30m jog, rest: walk back

followed by a medicine ball circuit, x8 each workout
chest pass
overhead front throw
underhand forward throw
overhead backward throw
russian twists
med ball situps

total of 3sets 5min between each set

was generally a good wrokout after yesterdays wrecking session, thank god will rest tomorow. really needed that. the ins and outs i found tough they really were getting to me especially that i was sore already from the frogs. but also they needed a lot of fitness cause ive noticed my breathing was getting really high so i guess i need to look for those and monitor my progress in those hopefully.
if ever will be free tomorow might just go to the beach and have some fun riding waves. overall im noticing my general fitness is getting better and thats hopefully all im aiming for, well for now that is.
cheers

Monday 16/05 REST

Tuesday 17/04 fast 3k run in 10.00m
stretches.
form drills x2x50m (getting adapted to the distance)
4x100m acceleration runs
hurdle drills, 3workouts x2each
3x40m sprints
5x50m frog jumps (getting adapted to those as well) rest:walk back

circuit training session. 13 stations, 20sec each
                  set 5min
                  mix of upper boydy, core and lower body workouts. includinh press ups, pull ups, dips, crunch, star jumps, hypers, revers hypers etc

was generally a very good workout. my aerobic fitness i can feel is getting hooked up and so is my strength endurance which is wat ive been wanting at this point in early gpp. i can feel adaptions in various workouts most importantly in the circuit session im not finding my body resistance so big like before so thats definitely a good indication.

was ment to do tempo work tomorow but unfortunately there will be a football game in stadium so cant really go there and do my runs. in club we only provided with 150m straight track. so might do fitness work through shorter sprints and low recoveries. and stadium stairs sessions will probably be replaced by bounding drills over much bigger distances.

will let u know how it all went. other than that i think im well on target

cheers

When are your meets?? Why are you in early gpp?? Its about summer time. And why do you run long timed runs for your aerobic capacity?? 10.00 shows that you have good muscle red fibre %. Which in a way not that good. Its a bit mixing. I mean I would prefer a tempo session to a long run. More specific and faster paced. I would like to see Mo greene run a timed 3k. First of all. Do you think he does it? If he does, how do think it would look like and what do you think the time will come up?? :wink:

honestly ive got no clue, okay lets do this slow.
he does it? no i think he doesnt and if he has it wouldve been ages ago, like whenever he was my age or maybe younger

how do i think it would look like? pretty damn fast

time? definitely a low 7 atleast just out of his strength endurance and fitness

my pb in that is 8.02 which ive achieved whenever i was injured and couldnt do any sprints and was left with this god damn LSD running, so my times just gradually improved in that. i think any sprinter should be able to run long distances with no problem, just not as fast as others obviously.

my next big one is on the 17th september. im just doin this until i finish my exams, by 12th june. then will hit the real work. hopefully will be the 1st time i ever do overspeed training and resistance sprints with jackets, just excited about it obviously along with the other stuff. i just think it can bring my numbers down (god i hope)

wat do u think?

Watch the overspeed that can really hurt you. We used to shoot for just enough pulling to run about 1-2% faster than your PB

The weighted vest is a great idea especially for short sprints out of the blocks 0-30meters)

I injured my self with overspeed. There is only one BIG problem I see with overspeed. When you overspeed you want to run no more than 4-5% faster than u can run at the second you are going to run. May be even lower sometimes. So you are in form today. You can run 5.9 in the 50 and you do 5.7 with overspeed. Great but then a couple of weeks later you might not be in the mood or out of form or something and then all at a sudden you run 6.1 on overspeed and convince your self that you are shit. So you decide to be pulled faster to achieve what you think is 4-5% advantage which is the 5.7. The truth is may be you can only run 6.2 or 6.3 max on that day so you are going somewhere in the 10% increase or may be more. Then … I don’t need to continue. Cause your body will simply give up somewhere. Back, hamstring, knee joint will be stressed badly angles will get messed up you’ll start slowing down and get bad shin splints. The worst thing that can happen to a sprinter basically. So take care

so u actually sayin i should stay away from those. i was actually gona buy one for myself (rubber tube) and was hoping it would help increase frequency and overall acc (which is wat its actually ment to do).

wat bout sprint master (treadmill very high speed etc) stuff like that. or should all that stuff be ignored

i read in sports speed that u basically can not consider ur training is complete until u doin overspeed training. tom tellez said 2-3times per week. straight after ur warm up when u fatigue free.

i dunno i guess im gona have to see about it. the truth is fast11 dude u scared me a bit i mean i wana stay as far away from any problems as much as possible.

thnx for advice though will see hopefully wat happens when we get to it

I’m NOT saying stay away! I said that you have to take care. 104% is not a constant number. You need to feel it instead of calculate it. You need to feel that you are just about being pushed by a slight back wind, no more. If the times are good then fine. If they are bad then the problem is not with the tension in the rubber. The problem is in your form probably or something like that. So you shuldn’t worry then and you should go on training normal.

As for the type I prefer. I had a sprint master. But the rubber one is much much better from my point of view. It a big long theory that I need some time to explain. But I need to go now. Good luck. Try it first and say whether its good or bad. Cause I generally think its super even though I’ll never do it again! :mad:

Wednesday 18/04

warm up; 3k jog (only light this time 11.55)
stretches for 30min

then apparently i felt my left chins gettin sore yuck!! yuck. they are ugly i hope they go away pretty quick. will do a lot of icing tonight. so basically i couldnt do any form drills and couldnt do my tempo work, i had to run 6x400m today but i guess will have to do next saturady.

so i just replaced todays session with a medicine ball workouts, woking in reps of 12 went up to 6sets. only wokred upper body and core through russian twists and sit ups.

side note: about charlies theory on abs, i think im gona go for it as of next saturday. going with the low intensity high rep theory. it actually making a lot of sense. im just not sure where to start from.

i think starting of with 6sets of 25s should be okay. will see if i can get through those first. and then decide whether to increase reps or sets??

tomorows workout will be my regular conditiong long warm up along with the circuit session. hopefully through icing tonight will be fine by tomorow

*fast11?? where exactly are u in your training and what meets are u planning for? if u dont mind obviously i just have no clue what ur doin at the mo.

Next month is my last Special prep. Then I’m in precompetition. Exactly how much I plan to run, I don’t know. In the range of 7 - 10 meets with 100s and 200s. I’ll start towards the end of precompetition and my important peaks come in the competition phase. wish me good luck then