John Smith Planification

A few years ago, I watched them train at a small college in Los Angeles (West LA College). At that time, it was their regular training site. I don’t know if they are now at the Carson, CA site.

I had heard that they were at Home Depot in 07-08, but I can’t say for sure. Conjecture? I know that after they were kicked off of UCLA’s track they bounced around for a while. There are 4-5 very nice track in West LA that could host a training group. I’m sure that someone here has a current and more definitive answer.

[

The GPP schedule Nanny posted is the type of thing one sees from JS in the early prep (4 days of work with Wednesdays off, but this changes later). But John Smith actually has an offseason training program that includes a wide variety of things (including beach runs and hills) that aren’t really done during normal training. This offseason program occurs in October. You might call it GPP(I), and the main GPP(II) starts in November, as it does for Bobby Kersee.[/QUOTE]

Is now time to restart…durign this gpp (I)…are circutis included or only weight room work?
2 days of hiills( 1 long , 1 short), 2 of track work…( 1 long like 300s, and 1 shor like 10x100 steady opace?)

Is now time to restart…durign this gpp (I)…are circutis included or only weight room work?
2 days of hiills( 1 long , 1 short), 2 of track work…( 1 long like 300s, and 1 shor like 10x100 steady opace?)[/QUOTE]

I’m sure what you call off season would be for those whose season has shut down before the main top athletes like Jeter who just finished her meets recently. Something basic would allow that group not to lose too much fitness before meeting up as a full group. thoughts?

My athletes finished on 26 of september…
It makes sense to have that kind of work while waiting for the top dawgs…